The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

More Post-Punk:

Little Nemo is a French rock band.

Originating from the region of Paris (Vallée de Chevreuse), Little Nemo is one of the French bands recognized by the British Rock critics in the years between 1988 and 1992 (mostly by New Musical Express). This band was part of the "Touching Pop" current at the crossroads of Anglo-Saxon inspired New wave and rock.

Little Nemo - New Flood

Little Nemo - City Lights

Little Nemo - Sandcastle

Little Nemo - Running to the sun - HQ

Little Nemo - That Was No Martian

Little Nemo - God of Indifference

Gothic Rock - live:

The March Violets - Steam

The March Violets - Walk Into The Sun

The March Violets - Religious As Hell

Last edited:
Oriental Metal Bands: Melechesh, Odious, Narjahanam, Al Namrood, Sawlegen.

And waiting for the new album of Melechesh - Epigenesis.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Look at Hidden, putting up banned videos, corrupting America's youth with over-exposed cleavage... I can't believe people actually complained about that spot enough to get it yanked off the show.
===========
80s rewind!

"Candy" by Talk Talk

Went to an Iron Maiden concert some time ago. Heaven & Hell were supposed to be the "warm up band" (more like a co-act considering the legendary status of H&H), but they obviously couldn't, so Blood Brothers was dedicated to Ronnie James Dio. After the concert I've mainly listened to Iron Maiden + Heaven & Hell and Rainbow.

By the way, rest in peace Ronnie James Dio.

coldplay's "warning sign", one of my fave songs by them.

..and now Crypt of Horror by Abysmal Grief
I have been checking out Abysmal Grief, an italian doom band that's very very weird and extreme funeral doom. I mean, their stuff is a little creepy even for me. For a veteran of Evoken and stuff like that, it's sayin something. The guy's voice, the keyboards, the lyrics, all that is at times pretty chilling. He sounds like what i would envision some wacked out mortician that enjoys his job wayyyy too much. We'll see if it grows on me, at the moment there's just too many droney lyricless expanses in half the songs on their cd that make it almost sound like a soundtrack after a while. Switches between bone-chilling and completely boring, I dunno how well it's going to fare long term w/ me.

the highlight of the cd is definitely Crypt of Horror

I heard the demo versions of this and immediately fell in love with the band all over again. They put it up, but I don't know how long it will stay. Give it a listen, cuz Doug, Val, Emma, Nemi, and Dennis have really outdone themselves.

"sixfouronezero" by Makaras Pen

Back
Top Bottom