The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

My first Laibach concert. Thanks to a series of most un/lucky happenings (starting with the ceiling of the big concert hall coming down) I ended up directly in front of the smallish replacement stage and had the opportunity to stare at Milan's boots for the whole concert.
I was very impressed (by the concert, not the boots).

Would you be able to tell the boots again if I would show you a list in a shoe shop departments' computer ? ;)

Yesterday I bought myself the newest album of Status Quo : "In search of the fourth chord". I begin to like them, and I think I'll definitively buy more of them in the future. :)

There are 3 variants of the album out there I know of :

- EU version
- UK version
- French version

The first one has a bonus track, which the second one lacks, but instead it has a bonus track the EU version lacks, and the French version doesn't have neither of them.

Laibach's great, I was just doing a retrospective the other day listening to JCS & Opus Dei. Really want to try out Let it Be, have never gotten around to it. Prolly end up just getting the mp3 version from Amazon

Listening to Pandora radio's "Tiger Doom" station, kinda disappointed in their selection tho as i'm getting like 5 bands recirculated over and over, and two of them (paradise lost & katatonia) have long since quit their doom schtick like several albums ago

Would you be able to tell the boots again if I would show you a list in a shoe shop departments' computer ? ;)
You do know that you asked a person suffering from a mild form* of boot fetishism, right? So the answer is, of course, 'yes'. :p

Really want to try out Let it Be, have never gotten around to it.
That was my first Laibach album :D.

*My small collection: red patent Dr. Martens boots, green patent Dr. Martens boots, 30-eye rangers, boondockers, HAIX Airpower P3 boots, black patent overknee platform boots, platform boots with red flames, black glitter platform boots, pink Western boots, white biker boots, black combat boots/w spikes, black-and-silver riding boots, black suede overknee pirate boots, chuck-style black suede boots, black New Rock Reactor boots with red flames ...

The Corrs Unplugged. With an orchestra.

"My Wallpaper Looks Like Paint" by None More Black

There was an awesome Philly hardcore band named Kid Dynamite some years ago. They broke up so the singer could focus on moviemaking or something. I guess he got the itch for music again as he formed this band, and boy do they kick ass. Really catchy with his trademark scratchy vocals.

How about a little memory lane action. Boy, we loved awful videos back then.

"I'm Free" by Kenny Loggins

"Through the Fire and the Flames" by DragonForce.

Why am I listening to this? It's so cheesy and ridiculous. :blush:

My kids love this in Guitar Hero .. enough to buy it on iTunes.

omg that kenny loggins video was so awful, so wonderfully awful. When the gang came and saved the day, i stood up and cheered

I'm still going through my old catalog as I convert for ITunes. Some old favorites I really liked upon revisiting.

Ride - Nowhere

Guilty pleasures

Erasure - Pop! - the First 20 Hits
Pet Shop Boys - Actually

Thomas Tallis - Spem in Alium. Don't remember what I was doing before, somehow I ended up on that page. Listened all the way through. Then a couple times more.

Yeah!

I was posting about Utopia Triumphans, which contains Spem in Alium too, just a month ago. Great selection of great compositions greatly performed :).
(here he goes again) Josquin Desprez - Qui Habitat

Anyway, Gridlock - Trace (2001) & Formless (2003)

Mix of warm ambient soundscapes and cold industrial, sorta Autechre-ish, drumbeatin´. Result is very evocative and rather, ugh, epic.

397: ALD

Pallid

364:277

A little "spread the word" today for a wonderful person...Jenn was the vocalist for Tearwave and ended up starting her own project after Tearwave had a meltdown. While her new direction is a long ways away from the gazer/dream roots of Tearwave (I'd call it goth metal, Lacuna Coil has been referenced more than once), I still like her vocal work. I figure the new sound might appeal to some of you around here moreso than my usual fare. Enjoy.
Cry for Lily

Back
Top Bottom