The TV Series discussion thread

Just finished season 2 of Dark. That was a season ending that I didn’t see coming. Have to wait for season 3 now...

https://www.pcgamer.com/bandersnatch-wins-emmy-for-best-tv-movie/
Bandersnatch wins Emmy for best TV movie

It's a part of sex with pigs series, but unlike the rest of the show this particular episode has a branched story where things happen based on the watcher's choices. Of course it's not RPG, but awarding emmy for making a streamed c&c TV show is very much deserved. Even if it sux. IMO. ;)

Dark was fantastic imo, season 2 blows your mind. I have been rewatching Sopranos, finished season 3, my favorite tv show :biggrin: .

https://www.pcgamer.com/bandersnatch-wins-emmy-for-best-tv-movie/

It's a part of sex with pigs series, but unlike the rest of the show this particular episode has a branched story where things happen based on the watcher's choices. Of course it's not RPG, but awarding emmy for making a streamed c&c TV show is very much deserved. Even if it sux. IMO. ;)
I've wanted to try this since it came out, but since it doesn't work on pc or kindle I have no way to see it.

Finished 1st series of Dark yesterday, and….

WOW!!!! (not the MMO).

Definitely one of the better TV-series I've watched.

But I have to watch the series again before starting on number 2 - there's so much going on, that it's easy to overlook things (at least for a level 64 Norwegian, or more specifically: me). Watched the first 2 episodes again yesterday, and now all the little hints becomes clearer. It's a bit like the movies "The Thing" and "6th Sense" which I also watched twice.

There are a couple of things that is still unclear, such as…

Shouldn't Ulrich and other people remember that back in '86 there was this boy, looking like Michel and claiming to live in his house, that his father was Ulrich and that he was from the future?

And …

[NOSPOILER]Why is the series called "Dark"?[/NOSPOILER]

And…

Another thing, but that will probably become clearer after rewatching the series.

BTW, I was pleasantly surprised by how much of the German I understood. Deutsch zu sprechen ist aber doch schwieriger.

pibbur who says thanks to the 13th jdr for recommending the series.

Last edited:
Spitting Image returns
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...-returns-chaotic-times-trump-putin-zuckerberg

There is nothing like a global political crisis, however, to prod a satirist out of semi-retirement. Twenty-three years after it was last broadcast, Roger Law, one of the co-creators of the groundbreaking comedy, has confirmed that Spitting Image is set to return to television screens – featuring an S&M-clad Vladimir Putin, Meghan Markle wearing a glittery “princess” T-shirt and a puppet of Donald Trump whose tweets are composed by his anus.

A pilot for a new incarnation of Spitting Image has already been filmed, Law confirmed to the Guardian, and its producers are in advanced discussions with US-based networks to bring this very British brand of satire to the wider world.

Finished 1st series of Dark yesterday, and….

WOW!!!! (not the MMO).

Definitely one of the better TV-series I've watched.

But I have to watch the series again before starting on number 2 - there's so much going on, that it's easy to overlook things (at least for a level 64 Norwegian, or more specifically: me). Watched the first 2 episodes again yesterday, and now all the little hints becomes clearer. It's a bit like the movies "The Thing" and "6th Sense" which I also watched twice.

There are a couple of things that is still unclear, such as…

Shouldn't Ulrich and other people remember that back in '86 there was this boy, looking like Michel and claiming to live in his house, that his father was Ulrich and that he was from the future?

And …

[NOSPOILER]Why is the series called "Dark"?[/NOSPOILER]

And…

Another thing, but that will probably become clearer after rewatching the series.

BTW, I was pleasantly surprised by how much of the German I understood. Deutsch zu sprechen ist aber doch schwieriger.

pibbur who says thanks to the 13th jdr for recommending the series.

I was about to start this, but the lvl 0 creature in my house disturbed me and I needed to feed it to quieten it down again.

I got genuinely shocked seeing this title and clicked on youtube to watch that trailer, I mean, it's gonna be another BBC's dud, right?

Hell I want to watch this right now!

You mean the screaming spoiled brat (c)Spielberg version. I've completely forgot Cruise was in that abomination, but now you mentionied it… Well, he couldn't save the rubbish. ;)

A new teaser appeared.
Someone make me a time travel machine please.

Hey, I'm officially retired from paid work; now I do a lot gratis instead!! :)

Well I need someone to dig me a new well... :evilgrin:

Hey, I'm officially retired from paid work; now I do a lot gratis instead!! :)

From Wyrdweb Dragon at the Ultima Dragons facebook group: "Corwin was one of our trusted testers on U6P. Many a bug he did find."

pibbur who plans on doing things gratis for his congregation. Yeah, planning is the first step, then comes … something.

Last edited:
Well I need someone to dig me a new well… :evilgrin:

Before rushing to help, one question: What are you going to keep in that well?

pibbur who has watched a lot of tv-series and films where, if one looks down into wells, one will see dead people.

Last edited:
Some questions are better left unanswered. :)

That said(c)dartagnan, here's the brand new Picard trailer:

And there is some oddity of a new Discovery trailer. I have no idea where did this come from, but there is none on CBS official YT channel:

Last edited:
I watched the commercial for the Picard show.....my guess is that the young girl running around is yet another clone of Jean-Luc, that or some child born on the wrong side of the sheets. The one thing I'll give them credit for is making sure she's related to the lead character, so when he departs the show they'll still have their Picard.

Oh, and she's likely got some Borg implants as well. I thought I saw a significant wound to her head at one point, which could either be something removed, or the blow that would explain her memory loss. A relative of the Borg would make sense and would completely explain Ryan being a part of the cast.

Well I need someone to dig me a new well… :evilgrin:

I actually have two (2) sermons about the significance of digging wells!! I could send you the Y-Tube links if you're desp er interested!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom