Sword Coast Legends - Release Date

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The release date for Sword Coast Legends has been set to the 8th of September 2015.

You can pre-purchase it now, with a 13% discount or go for the Deluxe version, which has no discount.

Thanks Francis.

More information.

Game still looks pretty shallow and undercooked to me. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Preorder a download at no discount? Where do I sign? :biggrin:

It's difficult for me to feel excited for ANY game currently. TW3 is sucking up all my enthusiasm and excitement right now. :)

I'll let others buy this game, like DArt said, it looks shallow and undercooked.

I already preordered a 5-pack with a group of friends, we intend to take turns in DMing campaigns for each other, and this game seems like the perfect fit for us. Doesn't need to be extremely engaging or deep, we'll provide that for ourselves.

Very much looking forward to it.

Game still looks pretty shallow and undercooked to me. Let's hope I'm wrong.

I have to agree. It looks a bit off to me somehow and i can't exactly tell why yet.

Don't know many details about character creation and other mechanics of the game so i can't really judge it yet but i read in their forums a while ago that the spells in the actionbar were of the style "Fireball I, II, III" etc so that doesn't really feel like DnD to me. Not that i am a DnD fanatic or anything.

I like the graphics personally but that mmo style actionbar isnt really my thing.

Great, looking forward to giving this a go.

The more I see of the game, the more I'm bothered by the timed spells and abilities. This could very well glide over into ARPG or, even worse, MMO terrain. Let's hope it's not that bad. I could use another D&D RPG.

Last edited:
I'm not getting a good feeling on this one...not sure why...it just doesn't seem right for whatever reason.

I'm not getting a good feeling on this one…not sure why…it just doesn't seem right for whatever reason.

I know why: First it comes from a company which didn't make an RPG before other than that an obscure from the creator of DAO reference. Second for the past 7 years there weren't a true D&D old school style RPG. Third fifth edition D&D rules resemble so much of the MMO games. Fourth devs are speaking obscure words about the roleplaying aspects of the game other than the dungeon master part.

But I'm still waiting eagerly for this one and preordered it yesterday. Returning to the Forgotten Realms world will be awesome.

I know why: First it comes from a company which didn't make an RPG before other than that an obscure from the creator of DAO reference. Second for the past 7 years there weren't a true D&D old school style RPG. Third fifth edition D&D rules resemble so much of the MMO games. Fourth devs are speaking obscure words about the roleplaying aspects of the game other than the dungeon master part.

But I'm still waiting eagerly for this one and preordered it yesterday. Returning to the Forgotten Realms world will be awesome.
That is not true at all. It resembles AD&D more than 3e or 4e did.

Also there is no need to say D&D old school style RPG. A true D&D RPG can be nothing but old school. D&D is basically an inspiration for all old school RPGs anyways.

I'll be dming some sessions with my sons for sure. Not sure why there's all the pessimism. Unless people are just disappointed that it's not a super deep 200 hour epic dnd adventure?

I'd like to see that as well but I don't have a problem with a little casual fun in the dnd universe with friends and family.

I'm not really pessimistic about it - it might be great. But the character art, the combat and early voicework all had a kind of casual, almost free to play vibe about them. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Only good thing I noticed from last video is that the lvl 6 cleric has 39 HP which is more in line with 5e PnP rules. She also did 3-6 damage with her weapon with is also OK.
In one instance a Call Lightning did 50 damage and 25 to a person that saves which is still possible on a good roll.

Awesome, this will be a good time of year for release. I'm also liking the system requirements, Windows 7 2-8 gig mb, so I might be able to put off getting a new laptop until Windows 10 is more tested :)

My initial thoughts were that this looks a bit casual, but I will still give it a spin and check it out. Another party-based D&D game in the Forgotten Realms is always welcomed. :)

I'll probably wait till there are some good mods, but will get it someday.

Back
Top Bottom