Vanguard - Interview @ MMO Reports

Inauro

Watcher
MMO Reports talks with Nick Parkinson, Sigil’s Community Manager, about the company's forthcoming MMORPG, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.
2. Vanguard: Saga Of Heroes was only recently brought under the SOE banner. Can you tell us what brought this about and how it will affect the game?

Sony Online Entertainment will serve as co-publisher for Vanguard. They will be helping us market the game and get the game into the stores, as well as helping out with backend things like hosting servers. Beyond that, pretty much everything else is up to us. So what that means for the game is that we (Sigil) have much more control over how Vanguard will turn out.

In terms of why we split with Microsoft, it was just that – more control. I do want to note though that the spit was amicable and we’re still very friendly with the folks up at Microsoft.
More...
More information.

Rumour has it that Microsoft wanted Vanguard to be exclusive for Vista or something along those lines, but who knows.

I'm just glad Sony hasn't anything to say in actual development, as I've heard many bad things about them. Sony even legalizes trading of ingame items for real life money in their other MMOs, with their station exchange thing, for a fee. Something Vanguard won't have to suffer from, luckily, because it's just so... wrong.

Back
Top Bottom