ATOM RPG - ATOM RPG Indie Showcase interview

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In our second installment of the Indie Showcase, forgottenlor takes a look at ATOM RPG.

RPGWatch: Tell us a little about your background and experience?

Anton Krasilnikov: Before Atom I worked in marketing and also wrote some commercials. I came to the team right when the development started in 2015 as a writer and as a quest/lore designer.

RPGwatch: How long did it take you to develop your game?

Anton: It took us three years and a half. Before the Kickstarter campaign (that was held in 2017) we worked on the game in our free time. The large bulk of the work was done in about a year after the campaign.
More information.

Thanks for taking my suggestion @forgottenlor.:thumbsup:

Like I said before Atom is the best Russian Fallout clone to date.
Also thanks go to Anton for answering your questions.:party:

Thanks for the interview, Forgottenlor! :)

Nice one!

Comes at the right moment as there is nothing at the market worth bothering with except mmos for mmo pushers.

Thanks for the interview! Already have the game and can't wait to jump in once the rest of it is fully fleshed out!

Atom Team, keep 'em coming!

I think Atom will be the next game I buy and play. Almost everyone that plays Atom says positive things about it.

Yup, I love hearing and reading all the positive feedback, from here and from friends that have played Atom. When the dust has settled for complete content and stability, I'll be firing it up!

I also haven't had a chance to play it. Its number 2 on my Steam wishlist at the moment, behind Elex.
@Carnifex; I also thought the inspiration question was very interesting. I think its an interesting idea that a postapocalyptic society could resemble a medieval one. I'll keep that in mind while I'm playing.

If I ever play another TB game this one is at the very top of my list.

Nice one. Though I think some last words would have been cool to round the piece up.

Also need to check out the game at some point. There is just too much stuff to play :(

Maybe a mix of both. Like
Thanks for the time to answer our questions. Do you have any final words for players who consider starting this game? any words of advice maybe?

Dunno about him, but I do have more than one advice and I made a thread about it.
Which is full of spoilers though…

The most important advice? Without spoilers?
Do not put any skillpoint in unarmed or melee. Even if it feels like a good idea, just don't.

Thanks! ^^

I point was more in the direction of this interview suddenly ending from one second to the next.

The most important advice? Without spoilers?
Do not put any skillpoint in unarmed or melee. Even if it feels like a good idea, just don't.
That's a shame. I love me some sledgehammer smashing, so satisfying... unfortunately I'm also really attached to chaingunning people. Real gamer's dilemma.

Sorry didn't notice before...

I agree on it. The design should have be adapted to possible unarmed/melee playstyle in a way. For example, no equipped weapon could allow your character twice moving max distance. Also, some additional skills like grabbing a hostile and using as bulletshield would be nice.
Ah well. You can still go for it earlygame, but mid and late game you'll practically just pose as a bulletsponge and spam stims. No fun in that.

Still, I hope they won't waste time on "fixing" this in Atom. The game is good as it is and there is no need to pimp it till doomsday.
I need a sequel and they can redesign the noGuns system in it.

Thanks for the interview forgottenlor!

I backed it on Kickstarter and I'm looking forward to finally playing it. I hadn't realised they were working on a free DLC content update as well, which is interesting. It's good to see a low budget Kickstarter success story!

That's a shame. I love me some sledgehammer smashing, so satisfying… unfortunately I'm also really attached to chaingunning people. Real gamer's dilemma.
Joker is alas right, that said my first play was full melee, I only switched a companion late to Automatic weapons.

I have now two replays running, DOS2 fresh Mac release will wait more, same for turn based PoE2 release.

Full melee is more fun combats, the chainsaw is a joy, but I gave up try beat final. And I gave up on a combat quest. Did everything else that I found. I could have try grind some levels to be very efficient with grenades but I preferred replay.

Back
Top Bottom