Gamedec - Cyberpunk RPG Announced

Thought the same! It ticks the right boxes, but they need a new name, asap.

It looks decent. Terrible name though.

Hi guys, Matt from Anshar Studios here. We want to clarify some stuff starting from the name.

The game is based on a series of books by Marcin Przybyłek [Mrozie already said that]. The name was an obvious choice for us and the author. He's a part of the dev team, writing dialogues, interactions, and consults on the cases and lore integrity. He's keeping an eye on the game and fully supports it.

Another thing: some people also discussed the issue of CP 2077 and the influence to make this game. We understand the desire for direct comparison, but the games reach for a different source and deal with different topics. Our game is an isometric RPG with choices and consequences, think about Larian Studios games, for example.

If you have any questions, I'm here to answer [of course if I can, there are still some grounds we're not covering right now].

Yep, definitly interested. If you look at the Steam discussions, it's in a quite early development state. For example they don't know yet if there will be any character creation. So I guess won't be before 2021.

If you have any questions, I'm here to answer [of course if I can, there are still some grounds we're not covering right now].
Don't answer too much, otherwise I have nothing left to ask next week at Gamescom ;)

Not knowing the books the name sounds like some game development software to me.

After watching the vid I know it means the main char is a kind of (online/VR) game detective, but hey, not everybody will give you the time of the day if they don't know what the books were about.

Maybe think about giving the name some hyphen underline to make things more clear/engaging.

@TrueMatt;

Thanks for coming here and giving some answers. I don't mind the name at all, allthough I guess it might sound strange when you are not used to cyberpunk lingo. ;)

You will hunt down the criminals of virtual worlds.
Interesting premise by the way. :)

What I wonder at the moment: are there english translations of the books this is based on (or are they planned)?

What I wonder at the moment: are there english translations of the books this is based on (or are they planned)?

We're seeing an increasing interest in translating the books to English. We talked with Marcin Przybyłek about this, and we're looking into some options, costs and our processing power to do this.

Be aware, that we're not a big studio, and the budget is very limited :)

We've launched our Discord Server! A true home for every Gamedec fan, who wants to discuss the game, the books, or hang out with our devs. Be sure to check the FAQ for more info about Gamedec.

https://discord.gg/aspgwVj

Hello gents, I'm Jakub from the PR Team at Anshar Studios.

We prepared a short survey, which will help us tailor-made story-driven experience. On behalf of our dev team, I'll be grateful if you could take 5 minutes of your time to fill the form. Questions primarily concern your experience and perception of RPGs (also Pen & Paper). In exchange for help, we will draw three people to whom we will deliver the Steam key to the game on the day of release :)

https://forms.gle/EUxtGfPz8rPdPdrR9

Thanks,
Jakub

Back
Top Bottom