Your year in RPGs so far - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Your year in RPGs so far

Default Your year in RPGs so far

August 5th, 2019, 14:47
I spent lots of time with Pathfinder and sunk almost 400 hours into it since release. Best party based cRPG I played in long, long, long time. If you like the genre and missed this one, make yourself a favor and go play it asap.

I put few hours into Final Fantasy 9 and 10, but put them on s-by. I also made another try to finish The Witcher 3, but its on s-by again.

I made first attempt on Bloodborne, which was quite good, but this gameplay built my apetite for real Dark Souls game, so I put it on s-by and started new gameplay of Dark Souls 3. I enjoyed it big time and finished it.

Now Im playing Fire Emblem Three Houses on Switch and its really great, can only recommend it. I think I will spend many hours with it. At least till Astral Chain is released by end of this month, really looking forward to that one.

Andrew23

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

August 5th, 2019, 15:36
Fallout 4, Witcher 3 with all dlcs, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and a little ME3.

Every top down I’ve played or tried to play I haven’t lasted more than 5-6 hours, including POE, Wasteland x, Divinity Original Sin x, etc, etc. seems like my affinity for peering at little dots on screen is fading.

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

August 6th, 2019, 01:52
Originally Posted by Andrew23 View Post
I put few hours into Final Fantasy 9 and 10, but put them on s-by. I also made another try to finish The Witcher 3, but its on s-by again.
What… Witcher 3… you… Fantasy 10… I…. <pant>… <pant>… paper bag! Need… paper bag!! NO! NOT PLAS…. PLASTIC!!!
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

August 6th, 2019, 09:55
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
What… Witcher 3… you… Fantasy 10… I…. <pant>… <pant>… paper bag! Need… paper bag!! NO! NOT PLAS…. PLASTIC!!!

On my defense, FF9 and X I actually liked, but there is so many new games recently and Im easily distracted these days. They both deserve some time investment to be really enjoyed so I saved them for future.

The Witcher 3 … I can say now I really tried hard. Several gameplay attempts, many hours sunk into it. There are parts of this game which I find really stellar. Story is great and story-telling is also superb. Its just not very good RPG in my eyes. And for adventure game its too long and it has many unnecessary and distracting RPG mechanics

Andrew23

Sentinel

+1:

August 6th, 2019, 10:07
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post

Earlier this year was playing Deus Ex Human Revolution, very fun game. I think I got a little bored after around 36 hours or so, and maybe got stuck at one part but am planning on returning to it and completing it.
Human Revolution I really liked. It wasnt stellar, but it kept my attention till I finished it.
It definitely had many flaws, but as a whole it worked for me. Because of that I was kinda hyped for Mankind Divided, which brought me disappointment. Didnt like that one and I never finished it. The first large part in Prague bored me to death and I got easily distracted by some other game every time I made attempt to finish it.

Andrew23

Sentinel

August 8th, 2019, 15:00
I don't remember most of it. I barely remember what I did last week. I'll make an attempt at remembering though, so let's see:

Me and a friend have been playing through BG1 and 2 via the multiplayer feature of the EE edition. Sadly, the multiplayer feature is rubbish, with lots of bugs and lag, but the games themselves are still excellent.

Also, I know I played Spellforce 3 and its new expansion, Soul Harvest. Good fun.

Beyond that, I've played WoW and I did a replay of Dragon Age 1-3. Oh, and I recently started a run of Mass Effect, but that looks to be cut short due to Greedfall.

I'm pretty sure there's more, but I genuinely can't recall it..

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

August 8th, 2019, 20:14
Anyone play a great RPG released this year? Maybe all the highlights will come in autumn and winter. Last year there were a number of anticipated rpgs released at this point. Deadfire, Kingdom Come: Deliverence and Vampyr come to mind. This year nothing really come to mind.

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

August 8th, 2019, 23:00
I haven't played any released this year, but from reading the Boards here I've seen some credible enthusiasm for Outward, Tower of Time and AC: Odyssey DLC, the first two released this year and the latter's DLC was mostly this year.

There's quite a lot coming out in the last third of the year by the looks of things all of which fit the anticipated category.

So how's you're year been so far? What indy goodness have you managed to indulge yourself in? I was quite looking forward to researching your selection.

lackblogger

retired poster
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

August 9th, 2019, 01:10
Tower of Time actually came out in April 2018. Oh! And they've announced their next game, Dark Envoy, should be showing up in 2020.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

August 9th, 2019, 08:00
Wow, you're right, totally my bad. I guess that's been one of the games that people have used this dry spell to catch up on, the thread for that here really got moving this year.

lackblogger

retired poster
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

August 9th, 2019, 13:24
Lets see what I remember for this year.

Streets of Rogue: Definitely my indie of the year. Lots of replay value. Addictive. Choosing a different class completely changes the whole thing to a different game.

Outward: Certainly a unique experience.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: Not the most stellar game ever, but Neocore still published a very solid ARPG here, again. I like the W40k setting, and not every game in this setting was as much of a good experience. (By the way, did anyone try Deathwing? Is it any good?)

Risen 1-3: Replay. Good, but consistently unbalanced.

Vaporum: One of the the better recent dungeon crawlers. Great atmosphere.

Dungeon of Dragon Knight: Eh. Another crawler. OK-ish.

Immortal Redneck: Fun rogue-like shooter.

Risk of Rain 2: Another fun rogue-like shooter.

Cacheperl

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

August 9th, 2019, 23:29
Been on a bit of an RPG break.

I did try out Elex, which was laughably terrible and thankfully cheap. Currently playing AC: Odyssey which is growing on me more and more. I'm only level 13, and I'm finally getting the hang of melee combat. I took long breaks when playing the beginning so the controls didn't click for me at first. Enjoying AC. It's a beautiful game similar to Witcher 3.

FizzyShellfish

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Your year in RPGs so far