Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - Hour Long Gameplay

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Rock Paper Shotgun played an hour of Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

Ever since its announcement last week, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw has been one of my most wanted games, dead or alive. Prequel to the grungy space-trucker sim Rebel Galaxy, Outlaw is more about fighter-scale dogfights, piracy and cockpits full of glowing lights and buttons. After watching an hour of it played and explained by Double Damage dev Travis Baldree I’m even more excited. Pull up a chair, pour yourself a couple fingers and see why I reckon this is the second coming of Wing Commander: Privateer.

[...]

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Not a fan of the first one, which was very superficial. This looks better, though. Privateer is among my favorite games of all time, so.... :)

Privateer is one of my favourites so I'm keeping a close eye on this one. Plus these guys seem to have a decent feel for how to make space games.

Rebel Galaxy with more bells and whistles, straight on my wishlist. Liking the ship painting feature, not that I'm much of an artist, but with the ability to share paint jobs and even purchase a physical model of your ship is cool.

Never finished the first game as I lost interest. May have to replay it and try out the sequel on release, but who knows as I change my mind about games every month.

I came really close to pulling the trigger on the first game, but stood down after watching some gameplay video that looked too repetitive.

If they can pull off anything close to Privateer, I'll buy Day 1. Privateer is also one of my favorite games. I truly played the hell out of it as a kid. Freelancer was supposed to be its spiritual successor, but I don't think that turned out to be the case. But I still played the hell out of Freelancer, too.

I wouldn't replay it won't be any better. I did finish the game and afterwards read up on some tricks that i never found (there was a bit more to the fractions than I experienced) but it just wasn't 'fun' enough to play a second time. I mean it starts out fun but then becomes obnoxiously repetitive. This new one might have a bit more variance - hard to tell from the video.

Never finished the first game as I lost interest. May have to replay it and try out the sequel on release, but who knows as I change my mind about games every month.

Back
Top Bottom