King's Bounty: Armored Princess Thread

I think it will offer you a challenge, GG, especially on Hard+. It's a bit more challenging for me on Normal, and I played KB on Hard.

The units and abilities are changed up a bit to keep it fresh as well, but the same solid gameplay is still there.

I am concerned about the flying horse.... doesn't that mean you can skip the battles? the sense of danger would be gone etc? how does it work out ?

I've not used it that much for skipping battles, the take off and landing requires a bit of a clear space so it doesn't add that much to your ability to sneak past enemies easily. Plus it's a little way in that you pick it up, by which point you're probably fairly well established.

I am concerned about the flying horse…. doesn't that mean you can skip the battles? the sense of danger would be gone etc? how does it work out ?

You can try it out in the demo.

There are indeed a few places you simply aren't able to reach without flying, for example.

And yes, you can avoid fights - especially those where the troops are too strong for you …

This is what I take from the demo. Haven't played the full game yet.

I'm level 20 with just over half the islands revealed (I think) and I've yet to encounter to the flying horse. I forgot about it until you mentioned it.

Things had gotten so bad in my battles that I used a few of the specialty scrolls and wound up with TRex's and those Pteradactyl things in my army. The Pter's didn't last long tho as the AI really seems to hate eggs and I couldn't afford not to get the source Pter's into the fight.

I'm having some better luck in battles with Crusaders and Inquisitors in the lineup. I've managed to go into a "stronger" battle for the first time and come out without getting anyone killed thanks to rez power. Making Phantoms out of them helped that a little bit.

Things had gotten so bad in my battles that I used a few of the specialty scrolls and wound up with TRex's and those Pteradactyl things in my army. The Pter's didn't last long tho as the AI really seems to hate eggs and I couldn't afford not to get the source Pter's into the fight.

Which difficulty level are you playing on?

@ GG: I'm at level 24—no horse and only one of the main quest line items done (the Stones of Power.) I have no idea what the level cap is but if it's 30-ish, looks like you can go a good portion of the game without it.

@Lucky: The randomness is really a factor—units and spells make a huge difference this time around. I'm not overly fond of the human units, but the pallys and knights can take a lot of punishment, and the pally's rez skill is helpful. You almost have to have either a summoning unit and/or a healing/rez unit, plus a good level 5 damage sink in your set-up.

There is no level cap. However over level 50 you get much less boni, when levelling up.

You guys sure are making me want this game! When I have time.. I'll get it for sure!

It's just not fair. Still no hint of a NA release date for a boxed copy. :(

face it, digital version is the best option for smaller development companies, specially in other countries like Russia, to reach the US.

Yes, I fear so as well.

I mean - I don't buy digitally-only distributed versions.

Why not spring for a DL now @ $30 and plan on buying the hard copy when it hits the bargain bin in a few years? That's my idea, anyway.

I'm sure eventually they'll release one.

I'm playing on hard JDR, though I may start over as I just upgraded to Windows 7.

Since I've changed tactics to include Inquisitors I've had somewhat of an easier go of it - I can win against Stronger usually without losing anyone, so long as I phantom.

I'm up to level 31, have my flying horse and thought I'd give a short update.

First, the flying aspect is very helpful and functions (much like the ships do for island perimeters) mostly as a tool for scouting out the interiors of continents and very occasionally scooping up a little loot, but again like the ships and uber-pirates(which in AP are all on auto-attack) you can't get too greedy or carried away or some very large invincible stack will get you before you can swoop back up. So it's mostly useful as a time saver on islands you've mostly cleared to get to shops and so forth a bit faster. There are also a few spots you can only fly to.

Second—yeesh the randomness! I'm a level 31 mage and haven't found a Rez spell yet, just now found Kamikaze and Turn Back Time(like the old Reaper skill) and am about to run out of my troop line-up of pallys,knights, shamans and demonologists with nothing really better to switch to. Level 5 troops are almost non-existent—so far green dragons are the only ones with a reasonable supply. Haven't seen a single red or black dragon. Trolls are one of the new units I'd really like to be using, but there have only been 6 total available in stores. And it looks like it will be much harder to run with an undead army in this one—only one store per island average, though the quality of units seems to be a little better.

Nonetheless, the game's a blast, and forcing me to think a lot, which is always good practise. ;) But I don't see cranking it up to Hard any time soon. I also think the random/scarce units quality adds to replayability—you may have to evolve a totally different approach each time you play depending on your army make-up.

Last edited:
What actually does the Turn Back Time spell do ? I have it (still The Legend), but never used it, because it didn't make too much sense to me.

What actually does the Turn Back Time spell do ? I have it (still The Legend), but never used it, because it didn't make too much sense to me.

Iirc it reverts your units back to the previous turn, and returns their hitpoints and status to whatever they were in that turn.

Not only the previous turn, but the beginning of the previous turn. One of the most powerful spells, IMO. You can use it to recharge special abilities or simply to "revive" fallen troops. To give you an outline, here's how I used it for much of my time in Legend:

1. First round: Sprites start first and fly all the way over to the enemy, possibly even making the first attack
2. Enemies pound on them, getting counterattacked
3. all the others make their moves
4. Second round: continue fighting until just before the end of the round
5. cast Time Back and your selected troop will be back where they started at the beginning of round 1. Fully healed, with all special abilities back but without buffs (since they didn't have any at the start).

The spell has some limitations though, one I can think of is that the space a unit wants to return to must be free so you need to take care not let other units move there.

Last edited:
I never used it either, Alrik, for basically the same reason. Sounds like I missed a very powerful tactic.

Back
Top Bottom