Cyberpunk 2077 Release Date? - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 Release Date?

Default Cyberpunk 2077 Release Date?

April 5th, 2019, 18:33
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I don't think it's buggy. When demo was presented, the game was supposed to be fully playable (with placeholders and of course tons of bugs). A long time passed since then and whomever was recently recruited, my best guess is either collecting scrapped ideas and starting development of the sequel or using those scrapped ideas in some expansion. Hopefully it's not DLC but a sequel.

In other words, I believe the game is in Skyrim state thus it can hit the market tomorrow. However, CDpr are nitpickers and won't do it. Before they correct every single problem they're currently aware of, we won't see the game.
Well, that would be a first, thier first 3 games had bugs.

Witcher 1 was a mess on release and that prompted the free EE. 2 and 3 were less buggy but still had thier fair share at release.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

April 5th, 2019, 19:02
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
3 were less buggy
It was? It had three huge patches in the first week it released (release day -19th-, on the 21st and then the 25th). They added basic features like the stash that was in the previous game in July. There was an enormous patch a few months later in October (with 600+ bug fixes) which was patch 10 of 22Öand none of those patches were small outside hotfixes of patches (there was a few) and adding 4k and PS4 pro support patches.

Considering the amount of bug fixed, I'm surprised TW3 wasn't considered a bugfest personally. It's great CDProjekt is so committed to post-launch support though.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

April 5th, 2019, 19:18
Yeah, every game ships not only with bugs, but with known bugs.

--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
+1:

April 6th, 2019, 00:16
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
It was? It had three huge patches in the first week it released (release day -19th-, on the 21st and then the 25th). They added basic features like the stash that was in the previous game in July. There was an enormous patch a few months later in October (with 600+ bug fixes) which was patch 10 of 22Öand none of those patches were small outside hotfixes of patches (there was a few) and adding 4k and PS4 pro support patches.

Considering the amount of bug fixed, I'm surprised TW3 wasn't considered a bugfest personally. It's great CDProjekt is so committed to post-launch support though.
Maybe they fixed them so fast I didnít notice as much. I do remember Witcher 1 being especially buggy, but itís entirely possible that 3 was just as bad.

My point was just that saying CDPR will fix every bug before release of 2077 is laughable.

There post release support though is stellar.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

April 6th, 2019, 21:22
The reason you didn't notice a lot of bugs is because most of them were very minor. Overall, TW3 was incredibly polished for a game of its size at release.

Here are the complete notes for all the patches released for TW3. https://thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/Patch+Notes

As you can see, there's been some exaggeration about the number of bugs, especially in those first 3 patches which were far from huge.

There have been a lot of patches over time though because CDPR seem to be almost OCD about fixing every little thing, and like you said, their post-release support is stellar. If only every developer was as diligent.

I just wish they could make a patch to fix the terrible loot system.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)

April 6th, 2019, 22:07
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Here are the complete notes for all the patches released for TW3. https://thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/Patch+Notes
I checked this list which list fixes for all platforms. Fextralife only list PC fixes it seems (using Steam as source).
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

April 6th, 2019, 22:53
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I checked this list which list fixes for all platforms. Fextralife only list PC fixes it seems (using Steam as source).
I assumed he played the PC version as most people here did. Either way, how would fixes for a platform other than the one you're playing on be relevant?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 22nd, 2019, 13:52
According to a new leak it will release this year on November 28.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/show…&postcount=303
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.
Last edited by Couchpotato; April 23rd, 2019 at 08:07.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

April 23rd, 2019, 07:57
That would be cool, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm still thinking December at the earliest but 2020 more likely.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 23rd, 2019, 11:49
If history is accurate regardless of release date it will take a few quick patches to iron out the worse of the issues and a year or so to get the minor niggles.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 Release Date?