Bard's Tale IV - Early Alpha Video

Looking at that wretched humanoid on top right was really off putting, also listening to his sewage-ratty voice. WATCH THIS Creep-free GAMEPLAY VIDEO INSTEAD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lTIcXLPgWs

Nice graphics, but horribly messed up GUI design. Wrong use of space everywhere, resulting in ridiculously cramped Text Areas. UGLY BAD COMBAT DESIGN. Looks like this was designed by lobotomized Alzheimers patients.

Another sign of the _Wi-fi / mobile phone irradiation_ caused --> progressively creeping BRAIN DEATH in the gaming industry.

Sometimes the people here just come across as dicks. To rag on the person and his voice and then post "creep free" is just being an asshole. I like this community a fair bit - but not the people who go out of their way to be "crusty" and act like they are superior. Get a life.

@turian;: At least he's not a douche like you…..

How did this guy get access to the pre-alpha? It's not like he can even figure out how to play... the first door puzzle I had figured out as soon as the first gear started spinning.... jeez... let me demo the game... I actually play games.....

How did this guy get access to the pre-alpha? It's not like he can even figure out how to play… the first door puzzle I had figured out as soon as the first gear started spinning…. jeez… let me demo the game… I actually play games…..

It's a kickstartered game, you get alpha access if you pay enough for whatever layer has it.

is thig guy some kind of mentally handicapped ?

He might be a soy boy, not sure. It doesn't matter. From the comments in this thread he seems to be getting more attention for certain things over the game, Bard's Tale IV, which I hope will turn out to be a great game. I skipped around the video because I don't want too much info until I play it.

Ok, so this is the section where comments on the person playing and streaming are posted. Can anyone point me the section where we can actually comment Bard's Tale Alpha?

Puzzle weapons look quite cool. I saw in another video how to solve the Elven weapon riddles which involved twisting the hilt and hand grip respectively until the pattern matched up. A riddle was involved with one and an object needed to be inserted. Nothing too complicated and it looked like a fun diversion.

Graphically the game looks very cool. I like the attention to detail and how grandiose everything looks, especially inside the end building.

Musically the game is very celtic so no complaints from me. Mechanically the game seems to utilise positioning to a reasonable degree but I wonder how obvious it is where your party members are lined up vis-a-vis the enemy combatant. Maybe there is a need for a grid radar to assist and make it quicker to move your characters around.

Sometimes the people here just come across as dicks. To rag on the person and his voice and then post "creep free" is just being an asshole. I like this community a fair bit - but not the people who go out of their way to be "crusty" and act like they are superior. Get a life.

That whole schtick is pretty common among the RPG fanbase for some reason. Just look at the codex. A whole lot of greasy dungeons and dragons geeks trying to be edgy in a way they wouldn’t dare to be IRL. I use the watch to try and avoid it as best I can but unfortunately even here it’s part of the community that mods just tolerate.

To me, the game is looking really good. I've been waiting something with a more modern take on the old grid-based RPGs. Might & Magic X was pretty good and this looks to raise the bar of marrying a classic grid-based RPG with some modern sensibilities.

Oh, and count me in with those who are surprised/disappointed by the snarky comments about the guy doing the stream.

Two of my friends that are doing the alpha raved quite a bit about it yesterday. I'm hoping at least one of them stops by this weekend, I'll ply them with some beers and try to get more info.

This is a MUCH better video with proper commentary explanations:

This looks good.

I'm replaying Xulima right now....not really the same thing but it scratches an itch.

It does look promising. I especially like the music and art direction that I've heard and seen so far.

Only thing I don't like is how the party members turn and face the player during their round in combat. I find it odd, and I don't see the purpose of it.

I was hoping the title screen music would be the same as Bards Tale 1. Not sure why it isn't, really? Surely that's the most nostalgic thing from the whole game? The amount of time spent listening to that music, creating a new party, then walk a few tiles, meet 6 nomads and back to the start music. :D

Man, just that visual of the first Bard's Tale brings back some awesome memories. It is still difficult to believe that we're going to have a new one, and soon!

Back
Top Bottom