Good Old Games - 60% Off D&D Titles, 6M Downloads, Witcher 2 Reduced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A trio of items at GOG, today. First, all D&D titles are 60% off, including Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment and the like to celebrate their 3rd birthday.
Second, GOG are heading toward 6 million downloads and offering a free game to all when that occurs (thanks, Frozen Fireball):
When the counter on the main page of the website hits 6 million, two exciting things will happen. First off, the lucky user who downloaded our 6 millionth unique game will receive everything that's currently in the catalog, absolutely free! Secondly, everyone who has an account on GOG.com will be able to download Broken Sword: Shadow of The Templars Director’s Cut for free, thanks to Sir Charles Cecil and Revolution Software. The offer will be valid only for 48 hours starting from hitting the milestone, so be sure to check GOG regularly or follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Let's get cracking to unlock this achievement as soon as possible - it's all in your hands now!
Lastly, The Witcher 2 is permanently reduced in price and also going on promo (taking it down to $29.99 when v2.0 launches next week on the 29th).
More information.

Hmm, guess it's time to start downloading those games I bought on GOG but never bothered to download yet.

Also, it looks like The Witcher 2 has had it's base price lowered across the board, at least for the digital version. Steam, Gamersgate, Impulse, Direct2Drive and Amazon downloads also all marked the base game down to $39.99. Steam and Gamersgate are also matching GOG's $29.99 sale while Amazon is beating it marking it all the way to $23.99, though I believe Amazon digital downloads are region locked to the US only.

There not 60% off, there are between 20% off for one to 60% off only if you buy all nine games.... so less of a deal if you already have half of them and not a big enough discount on the ones your not interested in :(

There not 60% off, there are between 20% off for one to 60% off only if you buy all nine games…. so less of a deal if you already have half of them and not a big enough discount on the ones your not interested in :(

Nope, it actually counts the games you already own into the discount. Just sign in and you'll see.

Adventurecorner says the 6M has been reached, and therefore they are giving away a game.
Adventurecorner says the game is Broken Sword Director's Cut.

Don't know whether there is more, especially since Adventurecorner is a news site specialized on adventure games. ;)

I was wondering when they'd reach that 6M mark. Thanks for the heads up Alrik. Grabbing Broken Sword now.

The lucky bastard who downloaded that 6 millionth game received the entire GOG catalogue as a gift. I'm jealous…

In a weird way I'm kind of glad I didn't win it. My backlog thanks to GOG and Steam has reached insane proportions already.

Back
Top Bottom