Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry

Hm... it's on sale for 17,49€ at Steam. Still don't know if it's worth it.

Hm… it's on sale for 17,49€ at Steam. Still don't know if it's worth it.
Well I wont lie it's a flawed game, but given the games development history, I wasn't surprised at how it was released. So at that price I would say probably buy it.

Just remember if you liked Two Worlds 2 it's the same with more bugs, and guns.

Have to give them credit, trailer song was A+

Hm… it's on sale for 17,49€ at Steam. Still don't know if it's worth it.

It is.

Written before, don't expect a masterpiece, but a bit above average game with a few sad design decisions (wildlife sux, a certain questgiver does a boring speech every time you meet him, a lack of choice in a certain moment where the game forces you to kill a bystander for no reason).

On the other hand, don't expect 1/10 game numerous sites gave it. Raven's Cry is the only underrated game by critics ever, the only game they gave below 5/10 undeservingly while it deserved more. IMO.

There are quite a few fun quests and puzzles, not to mention naval fights are awsome. If you played any of Sea Dogs, you'll be at home here - it's not dumbed down like AC4 rubbish but you need to choose which type of ammo you'll fire and then which stuff to loot due to your cargo limits assuming you didn't sink the poor opponent!

The baloon where critics were giving 9/10 to broken messes and 10/10 to anything had to burst at one time, seems it happened with this title and they all decided it's time to shower 1/10s for no reason but to prove they're not giving 9 or 10 to just about any rubbish that appears.

Well here is another, more favorable review

Tbh, the game didn't seem that bad, only the damn pidgeon or something was driving me mad…like having a damn bird sitting right next to you when playing and then it goes: Eeek!

Listening to this...damn, the guy sounds like Kevin Conroy (Batman).

Well, I played this updated version at release - and it was pretty bad. Performance, in particular, was awful - and I have a pretty hefty rig.

Not sure if it's been optimised in the meantime - but I kinda doubt it.

The actual game seemed middling in every way, so I guess it's really about how much you would expect to enjoy the content and subject matter.

Well, bought in at £8.50 and have a few hours on it now.

Quite enjoying running around the towns and doing some questing/exploring but there does not seem to be much of that. Ship battles are a nightmare though, even 1 star schooners hit me every time and although I've sunk a couple I'm getting sub 5% chance to board successfully messages and lose straight away.

Early days, enemy A1 is fairly poor and the combat as clunky as has been reported but despite that I enjoyed clearing out an island of savages.

and that's what it really is all about…

I'm getting sub 5% chance to board successfully messages and lose straight away.
Buy better ship, recruit better officers, get more crew.
That's what it's about.

Buy better ship, recruit better officers, get more crew.
That's what it's about.

Finding better officers is a bit of luck from what I've seen and you need more dosh for ships. I didn't know how to get more crew though so now I've crewed up and worked out the ship/crew mechanics a bit more I'm making progress.
Even bought that galleon off the broke captain so with upgrades the battles are now much easier.

Those bloody monkey's though, takes me ages to find them in the undergrowth!

Finding better officers is a bit of luck from what I've seen
Not really. I think I posted where to recruit each officer with their stats on Steam guides.
"hey, that's the song from that shitty pirate game!"
I should, I know I should, but won't.
Hell I will so you fight it out with Moriendor, I always said it's a trash game and finally someone agrees with me! Wouldn't ever think it'd be you.

:evilgrin:

Could anybody tell me how you hire more crew at the moment all naval battles are impossible to win since I have to few men

I'm glad you asked, took me a while to work it out :)

When on land go into your crew section and look for a slider at the bottom of the screen. Just move that along to the right to get more crew, happens as soon as you leave that screen.

15 hours in and this is turning out to be... surprisingly ok.

Back
Top Bottom