Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound

Kelefane

Watchdog
Is this ever going to happen? Seems like Beamdog mentioned once they'd make it...or something similar (aka a BG3)

I was always curious why BG3 was never created in the first place.

By the way, I know all about POE loosely being a BG3 and it even has a Black Hound reference "Black Hound Inn", etc.

But still ;)

Beamdog has talked about BG III being a possibility, but it wouldn't be called The Black Hound. That was the working title for a sequel Black Isle was developing back in 2003.

Eh, to be honest, it sounded a bit lacklusters by short story snippets. BG Saga is done and done for, nostalgia can only make a negative on reception.
Mayb' they could call it Bumdog? ;)

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for this; instead it probably makes more sense to focus upon the current mystery project at Beamdog which will allegedly cater toward the AD&D and infinity engine fans. Curious to know more on that one as it arises.

Yeah Beamdog have got some quality staff working on that project, like David Gaider and that bloke who quit Bioware when he saw what they were doing with the second Dragon Age (can't remember his name). Definitely a promising project.

Is this ever going to happen?
No as all development was ceased in 2012. Though Josh Swayer was making it into a NWN2 Campaign, but he stopped all development when he re-joined Obsidian.

Now I know what Misery Loves Company mean.

Back
Top Bottom