Obsidian Entertainment - Interview @ Eurogamer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Obsidian Entertainment's Feargus Urquhart was interviewed on Eurogamer about the developers new F2P MMO Armored Warfare. Now your probably wondering why post it well he talks about the next kickstarter project.

What's the other smaller project? It's unclear. But it's not, it sounds like, anything Star Wars related, despite the pitch that was sent to Disney, despite Urquhart's invincible enthusiasm for the brand.

"It's in the same place," he said of the pitch. "It's the same answer: we'd love to make a Star Wars game - I love Star Wars."

But making games on that scale is "super scary" - hiring all those people, handling all that money and expectation. As an independent developer he questions taking on any project of that magnitude. But Star Wars? Star Wars he could bend the rules for.

"Star Wars is one of those games that makes me just throw the reasons, throw my right brain or left brain - I don't know which one it is - and say, 'Oh this is totally stupid to do, but, whatever!' It would be that game, and I hope some day we get to make another Star Wars game.

"I always thought - and everyone just looks at me strangely when I say this - it would be cool to do a Star Wars Pillars of Eternity-style game, where you had a little party, a droid and a... whatever. That would be super-cool. I'd buy it!

"But that's a hard [sell]... That's not SWTOR and that's not KOTOR and that's not Battlefront and that's not that. I don't know - I'm probably going to take a stab at that and see if anybody has any interest, but I don't know - we'll see."​
More information.

I'd be into a SW game that was more like pillars / old school iso party style RPG.

I don't find the mass effect/dragon age/first person style nearly as enjoyable.

The difference to me is visual spendor vs gameplay quality and I prefer better gameplay every time.

A isometric party based SW RPG games would be so awesome!

I'd love to see a reboot of the Lensman universe using a PoE-style game. It's basically Star Wars without the George Lucas goofiness.

So it sounds like they've been kicked out of the Fallout family… Not even a hint that they may have a project in the future.
More like divorced with Bethesda refusing to pay alimony. ^^

I would love to play a new Star Wars Pillars of Eternity-style game myself. The problem would be getting EA & Disney to allow them to make one.

Kind of early to be talking about plans for a FO4 sequel when FO4 hasn't even been officially announced in the first place.

Bethesda wants ppl to talk about new Wolfensten and overexpensive panzerhound junk, so don't expect any official FO4 news for a few more months.

Back
Top Bottom