Anthem - Writer Leaves Bioware

So a writer left a job after the writing part of the job was over.

Um, yeah, that's not news. That's called finishing a job and moving on to something else.

Away with your logic. It has no place in a world of sensationalist headlines and scare drama tactics :)

Away with your logic. It has no place in a world of sensationalist headlines and scare drama tactics :)
Bah I just hate online serviced based games, and the next Dragon Age looks to be going the Anthem route also. So for me it has nothing to do with sensationalist headlines.

Something I wrote on another website.
You’re a much better person than me, I want this to fail HARD... I’m akin to a jilted lover in this regard. Something I once loved no longer cares about what I want and dumps me for something (it thinks) is better.

Last edited:
Sorry Couch, wasn't meaning you in particular. Just the logic trail of Majnun... when a contractor has finished working, he leaves. Its good logic, but its an easy drama headline.

If the writer was a woman or black or both the headline would have been...
"Black Woman Writer Leaves Bioware Suddenly!"
Even if the reason was she was a contractor and her part was over.

The game industry average for developers is ~5 years in the same company. It's not a EA thing. You just do not ear about it because most developers aren't public on Twitter.

Important developers leaving a gaming studio is just an issue when it is BioWare, nobody claims it's the end of the world when it happens at Blizzard or Ubisoft.

There was actually a lots of departure in the last 6 months though, but that was people on DA4 which was rebooted and also the super low moral at BioWare following the crap people are saying about their games (from DA2 to Anthem, yes Anthem, game isn't even released and people are already saying it's going to be shit), the company and "their agenda".

That all is very true. I really don't keep track on who is leaving or staying or even care a lot for that matter. I just made an observation about Bioware since the company used to make great rpgs. And it is something which intrests me. :)

Nobody wants to work for a company that has everyone on the internet talk shit about.

If the money and benefits are good enough, why not? If it pays the bills and earns you and your family a decent living. You do the hours, go home and be with the family worry free. I doubt everyone would like to trade security to creative freedom.

Last edited:
If the money and benefits are good enough, why not? If it pays the bills and earns you and your family a decent living. You do the hours, go home and be with the family worry free. I doubt everyone would like to trade security to creative freedom.

Company that have bad reputation comes with low moral internally. It's mentally draining to work there and it end up affecting you outside of work so going back "worry free" isn't a thing.

Speaking by experience, if you want "worry free", you want to work at a place you like, not where they pay you the most.

(from DA2 to Anthem, yes Anthem, game isn't even released and people are already saying it's going to be shit)
Nobody wants to work for a company that has everyone on the internet talk shit about.
Did Bioware's fans ever asked them to make MMO(s)?

When you repeatedly betray the fanbase, there is only one thing to say.
Well, shit.

You do the hours, go home and be with the family worry free.
Is this hypothetical job you're speaking of in the games industry? If it is, I've never heard of anything like it.

Ehh, not a good sign, one way or another. Could be his job is done, but they were blubbering about The 10 year journey, game as service, etc.
Either it will be light on story or project's in trouble. No middle ground, ofc.

Ehh, not a good sign, one way or another. Could be his job is done, but they were blubbering about The 10 year journey, game as service, etc.
Either it will be light on story or project's in trouble. No middle ground, ofc.

The game has at least 6 writers since mid-late 2014 and the lead writer, Jay Watamaniuk, has been working on it since the project started in 2012. Drew joined Anthem in early/mid-2016 after finishing his work on SWTOR and left when he was done.

Since ME was iced and DA4 rebooted, Anthem probably has closer to 10-12 writers now.

Back
Top Bottom