D:OS In-game rewards

Divinity: Original Sin

gozioso

Sentinel
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Does anyone know if the rewards are tied to the profile or the saved games or both? I created a new profile with the key from Myrthos. I already had quite a few hours worth of saved games from my original profile (and I didn't want to lose my progress), so I copied them into the new profile's directory structure. The game recognized the saves just fine, but will my custom-named pet not appear, since the saved games were originally from another profile?

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering about this too. Usually profile data is limited to global settings of a game but I don't think there's any real standard of how a profile is to be used.

Something funky is going on with Kickstarter rewards. See the latest Steam update:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/230230/announcements/detail/1659890368843765535

The only sign I've had of my rewards is a "mysterious bottle" with a quick thank-you note and the option to have blue underwear with gold stars (that doesn't talk, or at least hasn't spoken yet). Oh, and my name up in lights on the credits.

Is there somewhere specified which rewards are tied to the profile, and what stuff is in every game? Like these dialogues, or the summons you could design, is that there for everyone or just the people with the correct code in their profile?

The only sign I've had of my rewards is a "mysterious bottle" with a quick thank-you note
Check.

and the option to have blue underwear with gold stars (that doesn't talk, or at least hasn't spoken yet).
Check.

Oh, and my name up in lights on the credits.
Didn't bother with that one, I want to play the game not watch credits! ;)

In any case I didn't make a new profile nor plan to. I'll use the same one when I replay the game - I don't want to play several instances of the same game at the same time.

So if I understood that correctly, only the pet, the co-op dialog and the message in the bottle are code-specific? The rest is in everybody's game?

Dhruin certainly is. Not sure about the rest.

The only sign I've had of my rewards is a "mysterious bottle" with a quick thank-you note and the option to have blue underwear with gold stars (that doesn't talk, or at least hasn't spoken yet). Oh, and my name up in lights on the credits.
The bottle was supposed to show your custom message (at least mine did) and that blue underwear isn't Zandalor's trunks (they're a belt item)

So if I understood that correctly, only the pet, the co-op dialog and the message in the bottle are code-specific? The rest is in everybody's game?
The named undead is code-especific too.

I can't find my cat anywhere, but Myrthos is famous!!!

Check this out:

Attachments

• 2014-07-08_00001.jpg
    2014-07-08_00001.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 2014-07-08_00002.jpg
    2014-07-08_00002.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 56
Please don't kill Myrthos!

Larian fixed up the Kickstarter rewards problem not long after my post. I've got the proper trunks now. However, I haven't seen anything about the downloadable soundtrack. There IS a folder in the Steam directory but it's only a few dozen wave files. The Larian Vault and Kickstarter updates say there are multiple formats and FAR more files in the real soundtrack.

I never saw a "Kickstarter Potion," either.

Gozioso good catch! I still didn't find that location.
Can't wait to get there.

Zloth, the soundtrack available on GOG is offered as mp3 and flac. Seems complete unlike all those scam(TM)EA soundtracks from ME games that are not complete (although I didn't finish the game so can't know if late game tracks are in or not).

I confirm that there is no KS potion at the game start. It is however possible that the potion is ment to be found later in the game.

I've been playing this game with the wife on and off now (and completely forgot I made her enter the RPGWatch KS code), and whenever she or I summon a pet, it's a black cat named "Philip Curtis Barlow". Sometimes we have up to 4 in the party (since your companions can have the same ability).

That seemed so odd to me I finally googled it. Imagine my confusion (and the facepalm that followed) when I ended up on these forums. :D

I wonder though whether regular games (without KS code) have that summon pet ability too (acquirable at some point during the game), or is that exclusive to the high level KS backers? And if the former, can you pick what you summon then?

Infidel!!! How dare you blaspheme the name of my beloved orange tabby!!! :)

The "Name a Pet" reward was exclusive to Kickstarter backers.

These cats can fight as well, but they are only useful against weak enemies. Sadly.
I reloaded when I saw "my" cat being defeated - I usually do so when anything I summoned is defeated. That's why I often have to do fights several times.

Infidel!!! How dare you blaspheme the name of my beloved orange tabby!!! :)

The "Name a Pet" reward was exclusive to Kickstarter backers.

Ha, believe me, blaspheming is the last thing I'd want to do. :D
I just thought it weird to have 4 clone cats with the exact same name. :)

Back
Top Bottom