Favorite Obscure Rpg Character

How about the talking sword in BG2? (Can't remember its name). It talks, so I guess that makes it a character! I laughed every time I'm patiently waiting for something to happen or trying to figure something out and all of the sudden out of my speakers comes "boooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggg!"

or "I want to kill something! Can I please! Please!"

I also like the guy that was locked in Lord British's dungeon (can't remember if it was U7 or U9) that claimed he was both Shamino and Lord British.

Last edited:
You guys cannot be serious about having Mud from Gothic 1 as your favorite obscure RPG character! You actually liked Mud?! o_o That does not compute. He is annoying as hell and the joke aspect of him wears off really fast (IMO). I just lead him outside the camp and killed him. Good riddance!

My current, most recent, favorite (semi-)obscure NPC is No-Bark Noonan from Fallout -New Vegas. Made me genuinely laugh out loud a few times.

I never said I LIKED Mud.

It is just so that he just stays in my memory.

Perhaps Forever.

BECAUSE of how he is the way he is.

Tiax from Baldur's Gate. It's just that TIAX RULES!

Gimble, the prosthetics maker from VtM:B.

Trias the Betrayer from PS:T. Fascinating character and story.
Yeah! Trias was my first personalized avatar over at RPGDot :).

My current, most recent, favorite (semi-)obscure NPC is No-Bark Noonan from Fallout -New Vegas. Made me genuinely laugh out loud a few times.
He was a good one. So was the radio coverage of him a bit later.

I'll throw Bellegar out there from Divinity 2. He was more of a major character in the expansion but he was pretty minor in the original game.

For major characters, Minsc and HK-47 rule the RPG NPC favorites. (No way would I buy the "exiled prince" DLC for DA2 but if it were a Minsc DLC....)

HK-47 was just awesome. As was Shale from DA:O (even though they were kinda similar). There is also that strange Angle from NWN2 MOTB. But they aren't really obscure.

Btw, the bloody Pirate from Gothic 2 NotR was awesome (the boss, you meet him right at the farm at the beginning on your way to the city).

I'll throw Bellegar out there from Divinity 2. He was more of a major character in the expansion but he was pretty minor in the original game.

The funny thing is : I don't even remember him from the original game at all ! O_O

Not sure if they would count as npc but the slimes from dragon warrior and then dragon quest. I was thrilled when they started letting you recruit them.

The funny thing is : I don't even remember him from the original game at all ! O_O

He's only part of a sidequest involving some stone circles if I recall correctly. The reward is quite nice though.

What a crazy mage!

Back
Top Bottom