VtM: Bloodlines 2 - The first five Clans

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer thinks that the first five clans of Bloodlines 2 are the right ones for a good start:

Bloodlines 2's first five clans are a perfect starting lineup

From abilities, politics, and popularity, Bloodlines 2 is starting off with the right clans.

Now that all five Bloodlines 2 clans have been revealed, we can all breath a collective sigh of relief knowing that most of our favorites are going to be in the game at launch. Paradox has mentioned that more clans will be added post-launch as DLCs, but we have a long time to wait until the game releases. Until then, we're free to speculate on what missing Camarilla clans and other clans might be added, but Paradox and Hardsuit Labs totally nailed its decision to start with these first five clans: Brujah, Toreador, Tremere, Ventrue, and Malkavian.

To simplify things, I won't be talking about the Thinbloods and their abilities. Even though they technically are a clan, you start off as one in Bloodlines 2, and you have new powers that did not appear in the first Bloodlines, so there is little comparison there. However, the five clans that I mentioned above provide a perfect, simplified platter of disciplines, personality, and playstyle options.

[...]
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

First five, indicating more will be available later, I'm guessing. Being Paradox, you know this is going to have five to ten additions down the road, so I'm not even thinking about picking this up until all the content is available and fully patched.

Quoted from the article:
"Paradox has mentioned that more clans will be added post-launch as DLCs"

So this is the Paradox way :p

I guess I should have expected that. :rolleyes:

Well that definitely knocks my enthusiasm for this game down a notch. No way I'm going to pre-order now even though I probably wasn't going to anyways.

But you should know that all clans will be free for everyone regardless if you buy the dlc.

Yep free for everyone with restrictions if you don't own the DLC.:p

It's the classic Paradox DLC pyramid scheme.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I hope "only" having five clans means that there will be more reactivity to those five clans than the first Bloodlines had. Aside from the disciplines you had, only playing as a Malkavian felt different in terms of your interactions with other characters, and in no case did it affect how you went about quests/encounters (again, excepting the use of clan-specific disciplines, like Dementation) It may not mean this at all, but I can hope. I would have liked to see a more exotic clan or two (like Tzimisce or Lasombra), but these are all the ones I would have played as anyway. Gangrel bores me, and Nosferatu goes against my favorite way to play (heavy on the talkin')

If the game sells well enough, you can bet you'll see all the clans in a DLC eventually. Just take a look at the DLC list for Crusader Kings II. Say what you what about the Paradox DLC business model -- and I wouldn't even argue with you -- but over 5 years of continuous post-release development has created something special in that game. If it's good enough, I'm in.

And don't forget, these are just playable clans, other clans will pop up in Seattle that you can work for or do jobs for, just can't play as. Should be interesting to see which clans those are...

Back
Top Bottom