What are you reading ? - Page 128 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What are you reading ?

Default What are you reading ?

July 17th, 2019, 19:16
The more i read "Wearing the cape", the more i like it. Just imagibne a comic convention with superhero cosplayers, superhero merchandise, and with superheroes attending it and selling all that personally. apart from keepuing the town safe.

It reads very good, very fresh, but that's partly due to the very young language the translators had used. This is a superhero story of an avid superhero fan - turned into a superhero herself.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

July 18th, 2019, 10:27
Elder Scrolls: The Official Cookbook

Zmbie

Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

July 18th, 2019, 20:44
I had jury duty so I grabbed a random sci-fi book at the used book store. "The Rosetta Codex" by Richard Paul Russo.

*** Spoiler alert ***
Five year old kid crash lands on a planet, gets raised by criminals, travels a lot, finds a mysterious book, finally reaches civilization. He turns out to be the last descendant of a wealthy family, so he uses his money to buy a spaceship, travels to another dimension described in the book, then reanimates an uber-powerful ancient alien race who spread out across the galaxy. The end.
*** End spoiler alert ***

Well that was a waste of four hours.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

August 2nd, 2019, 17:32
The "Phoebe and her Unicorn" series. Really funny.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

August 2nd, 2019, 18:26
Continuing with my Stephen King summer read-a-long-thon, I'm rereading his 11/22/63 novel. Like him, I also believe that Oswald acted completely alone, and just got extremely lucky with the results, at least from his perspective. When I was a bit younger the whole conspiracy bit sounded possible, but as I wised up, it seems terribly unlikely. People do sometimes win the lotto, and on that date, Oswald won, and the world lost.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

August 3rd, 2019, 05:33
I heartily recommend Epictetus, he remains my favorite of the Stoics, and this is his seminal work (the Encheiridion) and is a nice and complete little hardback edition to throw in a backpack or something. I find it beneficial to re-read this to completions every once and awhile, but it's also nice to just flip to a random page during coffee. Great book

How to Be Free: An Ancient Guide to the Stoic Life

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

August 5th, 2019, 16:18
I completed 11/22/63 two days ago, and yesterday started rereading Mr. Mercedes. The King summer continues for me, and I suspect I'll reread the other two books in the series after I complete this one.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

August 15th, 2019, 08:54
Reread harry potter

gaston

Traveler

August 15th, 2019, 15:21
I completed the Mr. Mercedes book in a few days, and went straight into Finders Keepers, which is the second novel in the series. I finished that one two days ago, and then began the last book, End of Watch. These novels don't rely so much on supernatural elements, they are there of course but to a much smaller degree than the usual King tale. I'd say these are more thriller-like, pretty enjoyable if you like detective stories.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

August 18th, 2019, 15:29
Knocked off End of Watch the other day, which finished the trilogy for me. One of the best elements in the series, at least for me, is how the players change and progress over the years. It's well nuanced, most of the character progression makes sense, and it makes the story much more enjoyable. People will and do change over the course of their lives, and it's nice to see that reflected in a tale that spans several years.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

+1:

August 18th, 2019, 15:35
GreenTower. rereading the series because after 20 years there are new books in the series. Lots of details missed first reading.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

August 20th, 2019, 12:55
One Hundred Years of Solitude

Camsum

Traveler

Yesterday, 12:02
Just completed Night Of The Long Shadows and now I'm on Sea Of Death, all Eberron novels.
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Yesterday, 19:58
Monday I will read Dark Age; 5th book of an absolutely fantastic series.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Yesterday, 23:33
Reading Everything's Eventual by Stephen King. It's the only collection of his I haven't read. Only a couple of stories in, both of which were rather pedestrian, but I'm sure it'll pick up.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What are you reading ?