The "I Just Bought" thread - Page 43 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The "I Just Bought" thread

Default The "I Just Bought" thread

July 21st, 2019, 22:42
Microgeophagus ? Sounds almost like a name of bacteria !
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

July 21st, 2019, 23:45
Nonsense - it is just a micro geophagus

Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Microgeophagus ? Sounds almost like a name of bacteria !

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

July 24th, 2019, 14:58
The Xiaomi Roborock S50 robot vacuum cleaner (https://www.the-ambient.com/reviews/…um-review-1083). And yes <LamePunWarning> it does suck</LamePunWarning>. Very well, actually.

At the moment it's quite funny watching it, how it navigates the rooms, finding it's way between chairs and other obstructions. We have a medium long-haired cat, which means a lot of cat hair araound the house, especially on carpets. And takes care of those.

It also comes with equipment to wash the floors. So far we haven't tested that (we've only had it for 24 hours).

pibbur whose remaining quiestion is how the cat, who absolutely detests the regular vacuum cleaner, will react to this one. It doesn't make nearly as much noise, but of course, it moves around, very insistently, so she most likely will be a bit skeptic.
--
d++a63e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

1. The cat is alive! And pissed!!!
2. It's been 82 years. The cat is dead, and the stench is unbearable!!!
Last edited by pibbur who; July 24th, 2019 at 16:30.

pibbur who

Number 14
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

July 24th, 2019, 15:06
I just got a Ryzen 3700X yesterday. Still waiting for the motherboard and RAM to arrive so I can build my new rig.

Ivanwah

Sentinel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

July 24th, 2019, 16:15
Originally Posted by pibbur who View Post
pibbur whose remaining quiestion is how the cat, who absolutely detests our regular vacuum cleaner, will react to this one. It doesn't make nearly as much noise, but of course, it moves around, very insistently, so she most likely will be a bit skeptic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Z79ycisDU
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

July 25th, 2019, 10:22
I have decided to give the thingy a name: "Cygnus X-1" which (according to Wikipedia) "is a galactic X-ray source in the constellation Cygnus, and the first such source widely accepted to be a black hole". Admittedly the comparison between black holes and vacuum cleaners is by astronomers considered somewhat dubious, but the inspiration is based on this (from memory) quote from the "Journal of Irreproducible Results":

"In our article 'The Black Hole, and Inexpensive Vacuum Cleaner', we erroneously stated that the hose should be put inside the Swarzchild radius. The correct is of course that it should be positioned outside the Swarzchild radius. We regret any inconveniences caused by this."

pibbur who likes giving things names. It started backing '79 and '81 when his daughters were born.
--

pibbur who

Number 14
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:

August 15th, 2019, 08:28
This:

The Razer Nari Ultimate, a wireless gaming headset.

What makes this headset stand apart from (most of) the rest is it's Razer HyperSense, and "intelligent haptic technology developed by Lofelt™ that "converts sound signals into dynamic touch-sensory feedback in real time". In short, the headset vibrates in response to sound, and the direction of the sound, (especially bass). It's not the first headset coming with this, but according to some reviews it's the first one that gets it right. In games this certainly adds to my immersion. Spatial sound also works very well.

This is first of all a gaming headset. I use it for listening to music as well, but there are better headsets for that. Some reviewers characterize the sound as a bit "dull", and I agree (to some degree) for music, although after some careful adjustments I'm quite happy with it. And I didn't buy this headset for music. BTW: The vibrations can be a bit disturbing while lisening to music. Sometimes it works fine and adds to the experience ("Pink Floyd "Welcome to the machine", "Dogs"..), other times not so much. I haven't decided whether to keep it on or off by default for music.

It comes with light-effects which can be programmed and is kind of weird, as I can't see them while wearing the headset. I've turned them off.

One more thing: It has "Hidden Indented Eyewear Channels" which "eliminates pressure from glasses for eyewear relief". Now, my glasses has a rather thin frame, but I didn't notice any discomfort wearing glasses with them. All in all the headset is very comfortable, despite it being large, bulky, and a bit on the heavy side.

One more one-more-thing (which the joxer should appreciate), it's (according to Tom's guide) "Unfriendly to phones and consoles". You can connect it, but most of the special features won't work on those devices. This is a headset for the PC, and since I will only use it with my PC, that problem is non existant for me. And trust me, due to its size you would look rather silly wearing this headset outside, on the bus or train or whatever…

The headset comes at a hefty price (200 USD), but I bought it when my pusher had it on sale (150 USD), and it's well worth that price.

pibbur who sadly cannot be accused of bribery for writing this.
--

Last edited by pibbur who; August 15th, 2019 at 08:39.

pibbur who

Number 14
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The "I Just Bought" thread