Kingmaker - Tavern Party Trailer

If you guys want more screenshots, let me know :)

Personally, I'm so eager to see the full content, I will play around with the builds in second playthrough. Will stick with my half elf fighter/mage/eldritch knight for the first run.

You can, just google it :p
I'm afraid of malware. I don't have time or nerves to research downloads free of malware, so I'll rather wait and buy (or in this case redeem my key from the Kickstarter).

If you guys want more screenshots, let me know :)
Well, I'd like to know about Sorcerer, Bard and Magus. Their archetypes, class skills and general character progression. That would be a lot of screenshots.
Is there a a source where I can look these informations up?

I am 100% playing a Druid as my 1st character. Druids sucked in BG games (and IE) and they were somewhat fun in NWN2 (but NWN2 balance was out of wack). I am hoping this game gives me the real fun druids I played in PnP.

Sorcerer is a great class. I went as a silver dragon archtype and took all the cold damage and evocation feats and while he struggled for the first few levels once I got about 7 levels under my belt started to be pretty deadly. Casters are definitely weak in the early game compared to melee, especially barbarians who are pretty overpowered. Alchemist Grenadier does pretty well at low level though if you take the right feats - I played one my first time through.

I haven't played a new game since last March and I'm currently bored of all my old games. I might end up buying Kingmaker finally.

Still not interested in the kingdom management stuff though.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Official Paizo Preview
In just two weeks, the first single-player isometric CRPG using the rules and world of Pathfinder will be released—Owlcat Games' Pathfinder: Kingmaker. It's been a long time coming, and we couldn't be more excited for the world at large to get to experience it!

One of the greatest challenges of adapting an adventure path like Kingmaker—which came out way back in the spring of 2009—into a new medium is balancing faithfulness to the source material with the creation of enough new content to entertain players and GMs who played or ran the campaign in the last decade. Kingmaker, by far the Pathfinder Adventure Path with the most open, sandboxy feel, left the writers at Owlcat (led by industry veteran Chris Avellone, of Planescape: Torment and Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords fame) with plenty of room to add their own content while still including all the now-iconic encounters and story elements that made the pen-and-paper campaign such a classic.

An all-new introduction to thecampaign, set in the manor house of Swordlord Jamandi Aldori, serves not only as a tutorial for new players, but also gives context to the player's mission (something the original campaign left to the GM) and introduces some of the myriad characters who will play large roles in the ongoing campaign, gaining both her most loyal companion and a hated rival.

Well, I'd like to know about Sorcerer, Bard and Magus. Their archetypes, class skills and general character progression. That would be a lot of screenshots.
Is there a a source where I can look these informations up?

Not that I'm aware of :(

Well, I already posted a few screenshots for bard, can definitely do the same for sorcerer and magus. I played around with magus a bit, I found it underwhelming but apparently that's cause I don't really understand how magus really works :p maybe you guys will do better job.

I haven't played a new game since last March and I'm currently bored of all my old games. I might end up buying Kingmaker finally.

Still not interested in the kingdom management stuff though.

I wasn't keen on kingdom either but then I became intrigued once I got to experience how it works. I'm keen to see more once the game is fully released :)

I don't think anyone in Watch is interested in romance, but I will post it anyway:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2285648

I'm probably going to try out Tristian romance, but I don't have high hope since I didn't really enjoy companions interactions in Kingmaker.

The only game I know I really liked the romances in was BG2. That might be because I was younger though. I've got nothing against them either though.

EDIT: Out of that bunch, Octavia every time. Cute smile and pointed ears, can't go wrong with those...

The only game I know I really liked the romances in was BG2. That might be because I was younger though. I've got nothing against them either though.

EDIT: Out of that bunch, Octavia every time. Cute smile and pointed ears, can't go wrong with those…
I didn't even know there were romances in Bg2 until years later. That is because I usually only took male companions due to female ones being badly crafted or I would create my own custom made party or I would solo BG2.

EDIT: Out of that bunch, Octavia every time. Cute smile and pointed ears, can't go wrong with those…

So which one in BG2? Viconia? Jaheira? Or Aerie? :p

I didn't even know there were romances in Bg2 until years later. That is because I usually only took male companions due to female ones being badly crafted or I would create my own custom made party or I would solo BG2.

Since I can't help being a goody two shoes I always pick the good party. So I noticed the Aerie romance on my first playthrough. Never knew about the Viconia one until years later though, which was a little frustrating since she would have been the better party member if I'd known about the possible alignment change. And she's pretty damn cool.

Off topic, but I never managed to change Sarevok's alignment - I think this was due to bug :(

Also, Anomen romance all the way (yes, I'm insane :p)

I'm probably going to try out Tristian romance, but I don't have high hope since I didn't really enjoy companions interactions in Kingmaker.

Why you didn't enjoy the companions interactions in the beta?

Why you didn't enjoy the companions interactions in the beta?

Dialogues are a bit off... Just something doesn't sound quite right most of the time, especially when they try to be funny...

Also, I wasn't a big fan of voice acting in Kingmaker.

Not that I'm aware of :(

Well, I already posted a few screenshots for bard, can definitely do the same for sorcerer and magus. I played around with magus a bit, I found it underwhelming but apparently that's cause I don't really understand how magus really works :p maybe you guys will do better job.
Thanks for the offer, but I think I can wait. :) I need to look at alls feats and skills anyway... so that would be a bit much.
I'm interested in the Magus because the primary attribute is intelligence (which I like) and he also seems to have persuasion as a class skill. That means that even with average charisma I can nearly max it (which I like).

There is a dude who did videos for all the classes and more. I haven't checked all of them so I can't comment on their quality.
Thanks for the hint, but I'm kind of allergic to videos. To me reading is a lot faster... if something to read would be available. So perhaps I'll give it a try.

I don't think anyone in Watch is interested in romance, but I will post it anyway:
Oh, I am. My hopes that they are implemented well is low though.

Thanks for the hint, but I'm kind of allergic to videos. To me reading is a lot faster… if something to read would be available. So perhaps I'll give it a try.

Disable the sound and pause (that's what I did). The guy goes over all the UIs and tooltips in character creation for each classes (just pick the video with the class names).

Back
Top Bottom