Kingmaker Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
The game is now released, so I'm making a thread where people can post their tips/hints/general comments.

I'm at work right now *sigh*, but I'm watching CohhCarnage twitch stream with him getting slaughtered in the tutorial by attack of opportunity because he only has casters with crossbow with no point blank shot feat…

Reminds me of NWN/NWN2 start in a way.

Last edited:
Tip 1: After watching CohhCarnage a bit more, you probably want to start the game for the first time with a melee tankish class. It's not really about playing the whole game like that, just to get re-accustomed to D&Dish low level nastiness.

Example:
Bandits deal Crit 14 Damage
You: 8 hit points
Result: you very dead

still downloading :(
:hug:

still downloading :(
#Me2
The game is now released, so I'm making a thread where people can post their tips/hints/general comments.
Yea, well, sorry, I'm gonna play VC4 first because it's also released and is already downloaded.
Which means, I want to see some heavy spoilers here! :D
Use spoiler tags though if it can kill a surprise. Please. ;)

tip 2 (from Owlcast twitter): Please be aware that launching the game for the very first time can take several minutes, especially if your hard drive is slow and/or busy. Just let it sit for a bit, even if Windows says it's no longer responding. It should show the title screen eventually and work fine

Game runs great and looks amazing!
Just the options screen got me hooked and I am not talking about graphical settings here but gameplay ones.
First impression is that this will kick DOS2 from the throne but won't really know that before investing a few weeks into the game.

With just Kingmaker running i't s a solid 70-97 fps in 4k maxed settings with AA turned off. With some streams on other monitors my cpu actually hit 100% usage and game cuts down to 30fps, so it do use a fair amount of cpu.

Still hoping I get a bloody key at some point. The difficulty in obtaining a key will make me rethink any and all kick starter projects in the future, getting the product shouldn't be this difficult considering how far in advance that we put up the funds.

EDIT: Nevermind - never got an email but after a half hour of searching managed to find my key and get the game installed.

Last edited:
I just scanned the steam forum. Some bugs are being reported, the one with the most replies is one where the game apparently doesn't download completely for some players, but gets stuck.

But I couldn't find any threads regarding keys not being sent out. I'm sure the customer service people will get you guys your keys sooner rather than later. Just keep emailing them/contacting them.

How to make a custom portrait (from the official forums):
Hi all! About custom portraits. You can prepare three your own portraits with names: Small, Medium and Fulllength. All this images must be saved in PNG format with resolutions:
Small - width: 185px, height: 242px;
Medium - width: 330px, height: 432px;
Fulllength - width: 692px, height: 1024px;

You can use this templates https://imgur.com/a/gtkHk5J

The gameflow looks like:
1. Start New game
2. Choose "Create a new character"
3. Click on icon "Custom portrait".
4. Click on button "Open portraits folder". (It works for Windows and Mac)
5. Replace portraits in opened folder or change it in your graphic redactor.
6. Click "Refresh portraits"
7. Enjoy your own portraits.

Also it works for custom companions.

Needs a way bigger zoom out and faaaaaster movement. I reached Oleg and game seems good so far, though the voice acting sucks.

I think I will be playing this before Bard's Tale 4. Made a Paladin and just got to lvl 2. I'm liking it so far. It does need faster movement. The game is looking better than I thought. Enjoying the graphics.

I bought a key for someone through a site called Gamebillet. The key hasn't shown up yet even though the game has released. I'll look into it more at home tonight. :-/

I'm heading to work now and will have to finish downloading when I get home tonight :(

I bought a key for someone through a site called Gamebillet. The key hasn't shown up yet even though the game has released. I'll look into it more at home tonight. :-/

Uh oh...there is a thread pinned to the steam forum of this game saying that Owlcat does not honor retailers who are selling this game at big discounts...that they are instead scam sites, and to avoid them. I hope that site was not a scam site that you bought the game from!

I'm back from work and I started the game and my first reaction in the menu is "this music sound like Dragon Age". That was followed a few second later by "oh right it's from the same guy: Inon Zur".

update: For people who don't want to manage the Kingdom, there is an "auto-mode" in the difficulty setting that remove player's input (can't be removed once enabled though).

Uh oh…there is a thread pinned to the steam forum of this game saying that Owlcat does not honor retailers who are selling this game at big discounts…that they are instead scam sites, and to avoid them. I hope that site was not a scam site that you bought the game from!

That thread I believe is for "grey market" sites. If you use cheapshark.com, those sites are legit. I bought from Fanatical for $31 marked down from $39 and it works fine.

First impressions: Character creation 10/10. 11/10, even. Love it.

Edit - What button highlights all interactables? It doesn't seem to be Shift or CTRL like it is in other games.

Last edited:
Downloading at 16.9 MB/s since I ended up owning this unexpectedly. Hope it's good!

Haven't really tracked this. Can you make the whole party or do you have to take poorly written and un-optimizely built companions?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom