Elex ELEX Patch live

How much xp is it?

Um, I think 10 XP for some things, but more for others (journals are 20 XP I think?) I tested the patch yesterday and the reading didn't give XP but started a new game and today it's working.

You mean you started over entirely?

The patch didn't work for me at first either. I think maybe it just needed a reboot or something. It seems to be working now. I get XP for reading books, etc that were already in my inventory.

I wonder if the PS4 version gets the updates at the same time.

You mean you started over entirely?

The patch didn't work for me at first either. I think maybe it just needed a reboot or something. It seems to be working now. I get XP for reading books, etc that were already in my inventory.

Well I started recording a Let's Play of the game for YouTube, so I started over and yeah, the reading XP started working. And yes, it is retroactive in that you can and should read all the stuff you've already picked up, it will give you the XP you should have gotten when you first read it. You don't have to start a new game for it to work.

I'm actually going to shelve the game for a minute though, at least until I can get a new GPU to hopefully start the LP in 4K resolution.

Um, I think 10 XP for some things, but more for others (journals are 20 XP I think?) I tested the patch yesterday and the reading didn't give XP but started a new game and today it's working.

Now if that isnt jank, i dont know what is. It probably isnt worth the investment. I guess this is the first time they put this in their games so I think in their next game, they will massively increase the values to 50 to 100xp each dependend on the item.

Hasn't been available for me on GoG yet!! :(

It's available for GoG- Galaxy users, but not for everyone else. There is a 2 page complaining thread about it on their forums.

I wasn't even aware there was a difference. I noticed that a few games didn't have regular installers (such as D: OS2 I think), but I never really thought about it.

Now if that isnt jank, i dont know what is. It probably isnt worth the investment. I guess this is the first time they put this in their games so I think in their next game, they will massively increase the values to 50 to 100xp each dependend on the item.

That's not true. You got XP for reading in the Gothic games. In Gothic 1/2 it was XP and in G3 it was Ancient Knowledge.

G2 example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwSP2M75etg&list=PLhv3GvL8EaJHNKLS1bRpcfaBMkXixckMm&index=1#t=16m30s

G3 example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwiFql8lTLo#t=20m40s

That's not true. You got XP for reading in the Gothic games. In Gothic 1/2 it was XP and in G3 it was Ancient Knowledge.

G2 example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwSP2M75etg&list=PLhv3GvL8EaJHNKLS1bRpcfaBMkXixckMm&index=1#t=16m30s

G3 example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwiFql8lTLo#t=20m40s

I wonder why the values are so low then. That experience is like killing 2 of the weaker "bird" enemies at the start, meanwhile killing a reaver nets you 150xp which is 7.5x the highest you can get for it.

I wonder why the values are so low then. That experience is like killing 2 of the weaker "bird" enemies at the start, meanwhile killing a reaver nets you 150xp which is 7.5x the highest you can get for it.

I guess that the point is exploration and not game-hunting :D

Back to not getting XP for reading. Damn. Anyone having this issue?

I was able to get XP for all the stuff I had previously read by reading them again and most of them worked but since then for new stuff it has been totally random, some giving xp, some not. So I have no idea whats going on. Fairly minor amounts in the grand scheme of things though.

Perhaps only certain types of reading would give experience? That would make some logical sense. Is there a pattern or consistent type?

The XP from reading does seem a little inconsistent, but I suspect it's just not always showing it onscreen. I leveled up after reading something the other day despite it not showing the +25 XP.

This is where actual numbers would be nice instead of just a colored bar for XP.

One thing I've noticed is that the companion AI is inconsistent during combat. I'm not sure if that's intended or if it's a bug.

For example, Ray won't even draw his weapon unless he's attacked first or after I've taken damage. Duras, Caja, Arx, etc, will all attack an enemy as soon as it's threatening.

I can't figure out if Ray is bugged or if he's just an asshole.

The XP from reading does seem a little inconsistent, but I suspect it's just not always showing it onscreen. I leveled up after reading something the other day despite it not showing the +25 XP.

This is where actual numbers would be nice instead of just a colored bar for XP.

Touche', JDR… touche'. :p

I did a clean install of the entire game and the first note I read said "10 xp gained", and I haven't found a new note to test it with since. I hope it works, I wanna use the Bookworm skill. :p

Companion AI doesn't seem much different but I did restart my game, and my only "companion" has been the Drone from the Alb spell scroll. It seemed to work okay but the first time I think I had to engage the enemy and attack them first, and the second time it just started shooting it. So the AI has probably been fixed with the patch in that area.

I can't figure out if Ray is bugged or if he's just an asshole.
The latter.
Although he gets True Friend status fast and without leading him everywhere (his own quest seems enough), unlike Duras who is doubleahole if you ask me...

Back
Top Bottom