Fallout 76 - 2020 Roadmap

I only returned to it due to the Wastelanders stuff. That adds lots of questy stuff, and makes the world seem a lot more interesting, but be warned the original core game loop is still there and easy to get burned out on.

BTW, unless you want to use a microphone , there is no way to communicate with strangers outside of silly emotes. I've gave up on teaming up with randos for that reason; too frustrating.

I just left the vault. How do I find the town with the Wastelanders content? *Edit* Nevermind :)

Also, did they increase the number of players per game? I thought it was limited to 4, but my map is showing 8 other players.

Last edited:
Also, did they increase the number of players per game? I thought it was limited to 4, but my map is showing 8 other players.

I think it's 24 or something like that?
I was just doing some scavenging in a nuked zone, and there were certainly at least a dozen of us, all wearing power armor.

I'm just starting to get into it somewhat, and now there's a timer on the edge of the screen with a mesage saying that they're shutting down for maintenance in a few minutes.

You'd think they'd wait until after the free weekend to do that. :-/

I'm just starting to get into it somewhat, and now there's a timer on the edge of the screen with a mesage saying that they're shutting down for maintenance in a few minutes.

You'd think they'd wait until after the free weekend to do that. :-/

They could all stand to pop a Mentat or two

I've played for ~2 hours, explored around a bit and done the first few steps of the Wastelanders storyline. Oh good, forced crafting. I need to make a sign to attract bandits? That seems convoluted. The bandits aren't in hiding. Can't I just… go up to them?

The game runs terribly on my PC. My computer is mediocre, but it runs Fallout 4 at close to max settings plus visual mods, and it looks 10x better than Fallout 76 for me. Meanwhile, it runs smoothly while 76 stutters every few steps. That might be what seals the deal for me against playing. I've already turned down the shadows and textures and it still runs like ass.

I played for around 5 hours this morning and didn't have any issues. It runs fine for me on the highest settings, and I didn't experience any bugs (that I know of) or crashes.

I can't say it really grabs me, but I'm not sure if it's the game or just the mood I'm in. It's hard for me to concentrate on a game right now due to some things going on in RL.

I'm not a big fan of the country setting. I prefer more urban environments for post-apoc. To be fair though, I've only seen a small portion of the map.

It seems a little more detailed than I remember FO4 being, but also slightly less interactive.

The game runs terribly on my PC. My computer is mediocre, but it runs Fallout 4 at close to max settings plus visual mods, and it looks 10x better than Fallout 76 for me.
The environments look beautiful for me. Models when you get close up, not so much (much like other Beth games I guess).
However, I've noticed a decent drop in performance since the Wastelanders update. I'm only running a 4GB RX570 on a 4th Gen i5, perhaps they've upped the texture detail a little and my VRAM is topping out.
I've also noticed that it uses slightly more system RAM since the update. I have 12GB and sometimes that maxes out. (yet I can play something like Metro Exodus and use half that)

I'm not a big fan of the country setting. I prefer more urban environments for post-apoc. To be fair though, I've only seen a small portion of the map.
There are urban clusters here and there, with some high-rises, but yeah, it's mostly countryside (of varying sorts).

@Shagnak;, How much of the Wastelanders content have you done? Any idea how long it is?
Not certain how long it is; some of it requires stumbling across, and I've avoided online spoilers about how much there is.

I've finished that whole quest line that starts when you meet some settlers looking for "treasure" near Vault 76.
I think I've done most of the one where there's two factions, and you ultimate have to try and convince them to help you with... something. The thing is, initiating this quest requires you to be of a reasonable level to have visited the area where the quest-giver is...

Of the companion quest stuff, I've found three of them. One was in a populated area, and another was locked in the cell of a place I had to go to for another quest. However, one was in a really out-of-the-way bunker that I randomly returned to (was looking for a specific resource). I've almost finished two of their quest lines (one of the companions I found had no quest lines, just gave you rewards for finding certain things).

I'm enjoying Wastelanders, fairly engaging story for the main quest (though short imo) and I've done one companion quest chain. I had to temporarily delete my guitar and theremin from my camp as companion couldn't keep her hands off them and was driving me nuts.

Okay, I cheated and looked online in as spoiler-free a way as possible.
Looks like there is 4 companions total, so I'm only missing meeting one of them. I think only two have a proper quest-line as well. Bit disappointing.

My plan is to play 76 after TES VI. Tired of them wasting their time on this instead of TES.

Not certain how long it is; some of it requires stumbling across, and I've avoided online spoilers about how much there is.

I've finished that whole quest line that starts when you meet some settlers looking for "treasure" near Vault 76.
I think I've done most of the one where there's two factions, and you ultimate have to try and convince them to help you with… something. The thing is, initiating this quest requires you to be of a reasonable level to have visited the area where the quest-giver is….

What level are you?

The Wastelanders content is meant to be done solo right? Do enemies scale to your level?

What level are you?

The Wastelanders content is meant to be done solo right? Do enemies scale to your level?
I'm 63, was 50-something before this content. I only play solo. I guess that's a high lvl considering how ambivalent I am about it, but then again I see 100+ level dudes all the time.
I have no idea about the ability to play the quest content at lower levels, but I've read that at least one of the possible allies you can get requires you to be 50th level.
I'm not certain to what degree level scaling happens. In general, the more East you go, the harder it gets. Then again, some instanced Wastelander content that I did in the North West had some pretty high level enemies, so maybe the instanced stuff does scale? That would fit with the fact that you can get that quest pretty early on.

Sorry I'm not more helpful, might need to do some internets.

Last edited:
Sure is :( ;)
On my map at the moment is a 247, a 211, and a 449!!! That makes me feel both sad and happy that I haven't wasted quite that much of my life on this game.

Yeah, I can't imagine playing any one game that much. I mean, what's the point after a certain level? Are they still getting new perks? And the game can't possibly be any kind of challenge by then, especially since this is Bethesda we're talking about.

Yeah, I can't imagine playing any one game that much. I mean, what's the point after a certain level? Are they still getting new perks? And the game can't possibly be any kind of challenge by then, especially since this is Bethesda we're talking about.

Usually, the only thing that can keep up the interest for such a long time is community interaction.

Back
Top Bottom