What is the first game you played in the new year?

Ivanwah

Keeper of the Watch
Like the title says. I know some of you are spending time with your families and don't have time for games yet, but I also know some of you (like me) are curing your hangovers with games :D

I'll go first. Technically it's GTA San Andreas. I played like 5 minutes of it on my friend's PC while I was waiting for him to get ready to get out. We celebrated NY at his house and it was around 1AM when we decided to go out. And by the time you're reading this, I'll be playing Witcher 3, so that's the first game I played properly this year.

The Storm Guard: Darkness is Coming is the first game that I'm playing of the new year. I had a free hour to play this morning, and I'm looking forward to hopefully getting a chance to play some more later this week. I've been eyeing this game for quite some time, was lucky enough to get it as a birthday gift a few weeks ago, and I like what I've experienced so far.

Nothing yet but it will probably be madden 20 since I’m in the middle of a season. As for first rpg I’ll either continue my play through of ACO or start a rtwp or tb game since I’ve been getting an itch for that kind of combat.

Far CRY 4 followed by another campaign of the HOI 4 mod kaiserreich.

Jedi: Fallen Order. I think I'm around the halfway point or a little further, and I'm enjoying it enough that I'll probably finish it.

No Man's Sky--I'm moderately addicted to it.

I was playing BattleTech when midnight hit. Had to fight a Steiner scout lance.

Replayed Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on the Mac ... just finished yesterday. Awesome as always.

A Hey Duggee game on the phone with my kids. :)
RPG wise it was Pathfinder Kingmaker. Might have a replay of Vampire the Masquerade after that or possibly the new Wizardry game.

Card Hunter

I have been playing Battletech with the Battletech Advanced Mod and all the DLC.
I think this mod is certainly a must play after you've played the game for a while.

It adds so much to the game without making it entirely different either. If you're not looking for a whole new experience or just waiting for Roguetech to release on the latest patch (like me) then this is an amazing in-between.

I think it was Elder Scrolls Online with a friend actually. In terms of questing and exploration, it's second to none in the MMO genre. No idea how the end game is though.

Just finished Black Mesa yesterday. Next up: Star Control Origins (which will be my first game started in 2020). I hope it brings back fond memories of my attempt to play Starflight on my old Commodore 64 many years ago that I couldn't complete because of a technical issue. Never played Star control 2 or the HD version but there was something really compelling about Starflight back then on the C64. Tried the Amiga version a few years ago but strangely it just didn't grab me. Hoping Origins, with its updated gaming design, sparks that nostalgic thing for me.

Back
Top Bottom