Drakan on XP?

PlanetDrakan has a host of threads dedicated to the Win XP issue:
http://www.forumplanet.com/planetdrakan/topic.asp?fid=3684&tid=1238631
It seems some people can play it under XP while others can't.
Personally, I 'm considering to make a triple-boot machine out of my dual boot, with an additional Win 98 entry. So many un-DOSBoxable games I'd like to replay.

I replayed it about a month ago, seems I recall I just had to set it to compatablity mode for 98.
What's your issue?

No issue - I hadnt purchased it yet so I wasnt sure. Since I posted this thread I tried the demo and I thought it was pretty interesting.

Heh, yeah I noticed after I posted that, I was half asleep. ;)

It was a very good action game at the time and had many inovative ideas now used commonly in games.
One thing that comes to mind it the ammo that giants use in the game. ;)
At the time Renn was the hotest game herion there was constant Renn would kick Lara Croft's butt jokes, aplenty. ;)

It was one of the early game that used freeform combat of blocking and different sword attacks in 1999.
Combat is not as refined as Gothic (2001) or BoD (2001) but it does include straffing, ( by excluding strafing and forcing lockon combat destroyed BoD for me and others at least in the PC arena), also weapons wear down and there is limited inventory space.

Draken was also the first (iir) game where you fly on a dragon doing ariel combat for about half the game.
It takes into effect different monster resistances, finding weapons of Fire, Ice, Death Magic, Poison and Heat seeking arrows.

They had very unique graphic settings and even used physics way back then too. :)

The multiplayer was fun with maps switching between ariel combat and H2H.

So if you can play a game in prespective and you are also an action fan this is a must, imo and would be like an RPG fan missing Fallout :D

This was also back in the day when you could get an official nude patch before all the evangelical's even knew what a PC game was, ahhh the good old days. ;)

You will definatly need the 445 patch.

Back
Top Bottom