• Respwan

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Both equal

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
Just for kick's lets see what a board thinks.

Does Joxer hate DLC or Respawn?

Gotta be DLC. But I'm sure he buys it anyway, because, well, that's joxer. :)

I vote for both but remember he hates phone games also.:biggrin:

Yikes yes he does too can I edit that to include that as a choice?
Jaz or Myrhros would have to change the poll as I have no power in this sub-forum.

LOL

First let's be clear about one thing. I don't care about MMOs, I'm emotinally attached to singleplayer games. So for respawns and DLC in MMOs I'm not hating nor loving it. I'm indiferent as I'm not the audience. About those, people who do play MMOs could have an attitude towards, but me…. It's like a mosquito in your room. I dunno if it bugs you nor care for it.

On singleplayers…

It's not I hate respawns, I just think that endless respawns design is something that should be removed from modern games. It was justified in stone age on consoles where hardware couldn't "remember" all things you killed exactly so the only way to design games on inferior hardware was to have them alive and kicking for eternity. Today, when your hard drive can remember each ant you stpped on during your lifetime… Unstoppable respawning is killing games, not enriching the experience.

So if I don't really hate respawns, but do dislike them so much… You should have put up there in the poll "developers who make endless trashmob grinders" instead of respawns. Those respawns didn't appear out of nowhere in a game. Developers made a game that contains them. You won't hate a car, right? But it's constructor is another thing.

That leaves DLC. And I do I hate DLC, passionately.
Just don't every kind of DLC. What we called expansions in the past, that kind of DLC I don't hate, in fact I always hope we get such DLC.
I also don't hate standalone DLC or spinoff DLC. Again, I hope we get more of such stuff.

The DLC I hate are cutout base game materials with sole reason to be sold separately, items and itempacks that change game balance and similar crap.

But what I hate the most and you left out from the poll? More than grinding designers and types of DLC that should not exist?

Season Pass. It's the scam of the century. And currently the only legal one. You're paying for nothing to filthy rich companies. Do you throw cash to your government too? Instead of paying exact sum for taxes, do you add 20 bucks more, as a token of good will or something that's - nothing?

I just can't believe people are throwing cash to those filthy rich modern beggars.
And I hate it more than anything.

Hopefully I've explained it. So no need for a poll.

Last edited:
You are a kill-joy, joxer ;) I was interested in seeing what people vote for!

Joxer actually loves his Horse Armor though!! :)

Option missing - phonegames

edit - just saw GG had the same thought :)

Yup, I agree, that option should be up there.

And remove 'both' option, otherwise that would probably be the right one. Make him think which of the 3 options he really hates the most.

Just for Joxer…

Ubisoft Entertainment S.A proudly presents…

Assasin creed: unity season pass trailer !

Notice the date by the way… They actually released that trailer even before the main game itself was shipped. And the last bit is the best: "preorder this season pass to get exclusive war axe (unlockable weapon)."

:biggrin:

LOL
Thanks for that.

I can't understand what's going on with Ubi. They got significantly better at one moment, first FC3, then MM10 and Child of Light, and then suddenly for whatever reason instead of continuing into right direction, they spilled the milk and went into season pass schemes. Add to that their "cinematic experience" crap statements...

They got new CEO perhaps?

Ooh, tough one.

Although Respwan sounds like a badass villain's name. So I'll go with that.

I think the ultimate hate objects would be a phonegame (rpg) with constant respawning, which you could avoid by purchasing an addition which let you disable it for a monthly fee (payed with some sort of virtual currency).

pibbur who agrees with the joxer that no voting is necessary, and who despite disagreeing significantly with him and finding some of them weird, for some reason usually reads most of his posts.

Last edited:
If anyone cares, for me that would be phone games by a large margin. That include Facebook and the like. They introduced things like pay-to-win to PC :)

It is the root of all evil and detrimental to PC gaming.

Back
Top Bottom