I have been blinded please advise me about games I can play

mprod

Sentinel
My glasses broke yesterday i a and it will take about 3 weeks before I have new ones
At the moment I´m stuck with a pair of conscription sunglasses that are 15 years old at least
I´m more or less blind without glasses so at the moment everything is very dark and fuzzy
But the big problem is that I can´t see things on the screen properly I can see things far away and things that are close but it´s very hard to read things on the screen

I would like some tips about games that I can play in I guess 1048x780 or less something that I may have missed

I have played most of the classics

M&Ms
Gold boxes
Ultima
Wizardrys
Gothics
Baldurs
etc

I´m a bit sad drunk at the moment
But I would love some suggestions

Could play one of the Elder Scrolls - the font is pretty darn huge by default. Or Fallout 4 - none of the dialogue options mean anything :D I'm serious about the recommendation though.

I have played all of hte elder scrolls games except battlespire perhaps that one if i could get it to work
About the blindness stuff at the moment I´m feeling very sorry for my self will probably be better tomorrow except for a well deserved hangover
Still the thing I have nigthmares about is not being naked or being late it´s being unable to see properly I really do have very bad eyesigth and being stuck in a very fuzzy and dark world for a couple of weeks is not a thing I longed for

I would really love more suggestions though

I have played a lot of pong you really have to play it in multiplayer to have any fun

Legends of Amberland maybe? Really simple game which should also run in very low resolutions. Even with your sight it probably looks somewhat pixelated. ;)

Kingdom: New Lands would also be an idea. No texts to read. It's a 2D "roguelike" "city builder" survival game thing...well, just watch a trailer. :)

Since I know you've played Amberland, let me suggest The Quest. It should be completely playable in 1024X768 and it scratches the Might and Magic itch quite nicely.

phew... 3 weeks wait, that's a lot. I once broke my glasses during travel, was damn glad to fix them with wire after a day spent in confusion and uncertainty.

I know there are games actually designed for blind people (e.g., text adventures based on audio). But I guess that's not what you really want.

What about the King's Bounty games? Turn based, so you won't be under time pressure if you did not see something. Also rather clear contrasts. I can't say whether the fonts are fine though.

Tetris?

Last edited:
After more of a week with severe eye infection that prevented me from games, movies and series I say - play nothing!

Rest your eyes, go out, socialize with people of different backgrounds. I don't care if you're maybe an introvert type of a person, so are others yet they risk (and in most cases profit).

Games won't escape anywhere.

OK - so basically games without typed words.

The BioShock series should work well. You'll have to lean in close to read the descriptions of the plasmids but you're reading this board so that shouldn't be too bad.

Dragon's Dogma has lots of voice acting so it might work out well - I can't remember if the smaller quests are done via text or spoken, though.

Or just find some audio books.

I'd think that Adventure Games could be right, but that also depends on the text size ...

Apart from that I think that explorer-heavy games would be good, too. Games in which you can roam freely in a vast world.
The only problem there would be unfriendly critters and enemies, but I guess that there should also be games without that.

One example is the "Tres Lunas" game from musician Mike Oldfield. My guess is that it should run on modern PCs as well, but I simply cannot verify that. Plus, I cannot find the link to the download of it anymore (a fan forum called tubular.net had hosted it in the past).

Maybe Pinball games could work as well. A current example is Yoku's Iland Express, and I think GOG has the old classic pinball games from Epic Megagames.

Thanks for all the tips and sorry for the late reply

Last edited:
After more of a week with severe eye infection that prevented me from games, movies and series I say - play nothing!

Rest your eyes, go out, socialize with people of different backgrounds. I don't care if you're maybe an introvert type of a person, so are others yet they risk (and in most cases profit).

Games won't escape anywhere.

I actually did
And since I´m 49 years old I can only do that sparingly and will pay but I must say I had a smashing time and for some reason and trying to sound like a british twat anyway thanks joxer

I'd think that Adventure Games could be right, but that also depends on the text size …

Apart from that I think that explorer-heavy games would be good, too. Games in which you can roam freely in a vast world.
The only problem there would be unfriendly critters and enemies, but I guess that there should also be games without that.

One example is the "Tres Lunas" game from musician Mike Oldfield. My guess is that it should run on modern PCs as well, but I simply cannot verify that. Plus, I cannot find the link to the download of it anymore (a fan forum called tubular.net had hosted it in the past).

Maybe Pinball games could work as well. A current example is Yoku's Iland Express, and I think GOG has the old classic pinball games from Epic Megagames.

Thank you
I actually love to play pinball and the adventuregame tip is not a bad one there are a lot of adventure games I want to replay especially the remaster of grim fandango

anyway if you like pinball have you looked into
https://www.vpforums.org/
It can be a bit of a hassle to set up but it lets you play every pinball ever made on your computer

Since I know you've played Amberland, let me suggest The Quest. It should be completely playable in 1024X768 and it scratches the Might and Magic itch quite nicely.

Oh I´ve played the quest two times on the pc then I finally got an Iphone and could get all the expansions and realised that I either had played it to much on the computer or just didn´t like to play on the phone

What I would love above all is offcourse something that could scratch that m&m 3-5 itch the closest I have found is the Yendor games

Sorry for logging off now I will get back and respond to more posts

Ithe big thing that I wasn´t really ready for is the how dark everything is I usually don´t have any problem with that but when it´s a constant dark it´s a bit depressing

Thanks to everyone for reponding to this very self indulgent thread

Back
Top Bottom