World's most complex 4x strategy wargame - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » World's most complex 4x strategy wargame

Default World's most complex 4x strategy wargame

September 15th, 2018, 21:58
This game came out of nowhere without so much as a single mention on the internet.

HUGE VARIABILITY IN GAME PLAY:
  • Choose your deity's starting abilities from over 30 deity abilities, and select your starting magic knowledge from 10 different schools of magic. Witness the potency of your deity's spells increase with its magic skill.
  • Explore the world map with over 200 unique units, each with choosable attacks, spells, abilities, and in-depth stats and attributes.
  • Harness more than 250 unique abilities acquirable by units, and over 300 unique spells and enchantments in 10 schools of magic.

USER-FRIENDLY GAME INTERFACE:
  • Random map generator allows full control over the size and type of the map, from full land maps, to one continent maps, to island hopping maps with hundreds of islands.
  • Powerful AI strategy on the world map, and AI tactics on the battle map enhance game play.
  • If you prefer not to manage some aspect of the game, such as controlling your units in battle, managing cities, or managing workers/resources, you may assign any or all tasks to AI control, so you can focus on aspects of the game you prefer. Or manage all aspects of your empire yourself for ultimate control!

IN-DEPTH WORLD OF FANTASY AND MAGIC:
  • Find and create powerful magic items for your units, such as weapons, armor, shields, helm, rings, amulet, and boots. Items increase unit attributes, and have special enchantments to further enhance unit abilities (such as Health Regeneration, Dragon Slaying, or Invisibility).
  • Increase unit experience and level as you win battles. As units increase in level, you determine which new spells, attacks, abilities, stats or attributes they learn.
  • Summon powerful magical units to join the ranks of your armies, such as Dragons, Lich Lords, Rock Behemoths, and Shadow Rift Spawns, and lay waste to entire armies of less powerful units.

ENGAGING CITY MANAGEMENT:
  • Over 160 unique buildings can be built in each city. Streamlined interface allows quickly choosing building priority queues, so you never get bogged down with micromanagement.
  • Over 200 technologies to research, increasing various aspects of your empire.
  • Hire mercenaries in your cities as they make themselves available based on various factors which you influence.

Comes out September 25th.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8…Deity_Empires/
Last edited by Copper Coin; September 15th, 2018 at 22:57.

Copper Coin

Outspoken D&D critic

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

September 15th, 2018, 22:06
Bah graphics are terrible. (Yes I can be a graphic whore sometimes)

Anyway I prefer this wargame.

Link - https://store.steampowered.com/sub/45320/

Only downside it's not 4x. For 4X I would rather play.

Endless Legend Inferno & Endless Space 2.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 15th, 2018 at 23:36. Reason: Updated with Fixes

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

September 15th, 2018, 22:17
Yeah it doesn't look pretty, but it's designed for hardcore wargamers that want incredible depth and brutal campaigns that last for months.

Only other 4x turn-based strategy that comes close to this level of depth is Dominions.

Copper Coin

Outspoken D&D critic

September 15th, 2018, 22:55
What would be the name?

ChatMiauleur

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

September 15th, 2018, 22:57
It's called Deity Empires. I added the link to the store page.

Copper Coin

Outspoken D&D critic

September 15th, 2018, 23:19
Look like micromangement hell, but that's a hell I occasionally enjoy spending time in. Will look it up.

TomRon

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

September 15th, 2018, 23:33
Originally Posted by TomRon View Post
Look like micromangement hell, but that's a hell I occasionally enjoy spending time in. Will look it up.
Another game I enjoyed that is similar might interest you also.

Link - https://store.steampowered.com/app/7…_of_the_Faith/
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

September 15th, 2018, 23:38
Dominions is a great series. I haven't gotten around to that one yet though.

Copper Coin

Outspoken D&D critic

September 16th, 2018, 01:27
I don't think it looks particularly complex. Just a MoM clone. Dominions looks significantly more complex.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

September 16th, 2018, 01:55
If you read the description, it's clearly way more complex than Master of Magic.

The city management and technological research also sounds deeper than Dominions.

Copper Coin

Outspoken D&D critic

September 16th, 2018, 02:10
Yes it is probably a bit more complex (and some mechanics from Eador thrown in) but to me it mostly just looks like there is more of everything. That doesn't make it significantly more complex necessarily. Which feature particularly makes it more complex?

edit: Most of the games I am thinking of with more complexity are pure strategy games not in the 4x genre. This game probably is right up there in terms of 4x.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

September 16th, 2018, 02:25
Size is often synonymous with complexity. MoM is already an incredibly deep game, and this has…

- Over four times as many town buildings
- Over twice as many controllable units
- 10 spell schools compared to MoM's 6 spell schools
- A far more robust crafting system

As for specific features…

- The use of a full technology tree, i.e Civilization style
- You can customize army units with different abilities, spells, and enchantments

Copper Coin

Outspoken D&D critic

September 16th, 2018, 02:26
All this talk about MoM reminded of an old kickstarter game called Worlds of Magic.

loading…

Link - https://store.steampowered.com/app/2…rlds_of_Magic/

Of course it bombed and failed to deliver the promised expansions.
Originally Posted by Silver Coin View Post
Size is often synonymous with complexity. Might and Magic is already an incredibly deep game, and this has…

- Over four times as many town buildings
- Over twice as many units
- 10 spell schools compared to MoM's 6 spell schools
- A far more robust crafting system

As for specific features…

- The use of a full technology tree, i.e Civilization style
- You can customize units with different abilities, spells, and enchantments
Hmm I may take a closer look despite the graphics. So thanks for the info.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » World's most complex 4x strategy wargame