Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates

February 3rd, 2021, 13:56
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Crusaders, Assemble! Beta and Community Quest Launch Today

Owlcats released combat gameplay trailer and also announced community quest

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects…/posts/3089511

@Silver @HiddenX Could you please share this in the news section please?
Sounds like a fun event! That'll be late for some and early for others, though

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

February 15th, 2021, 16:54
Patch notes for Beta 0.5.2i
Spoiler – Contains Spoilers

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
+1:

February 15th, 2021, 22:26
Spoiler

purpleblob

Mentioned: Post(s)

February 15th, 2021, 22:38
Was it also extremely jerky for you in the Grey Garrison near the end of chapter 1? If they improved the FPS, I can't imagine how it was before.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

February 15th, 2021, 22:46
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
Was it also extremely jerky for you in the Grey Garrison near the end of chapter 1? If they improved the FPS, I can't imagine how it was before.
Nope, no issues there for me. The only place where FPS drops is market place in chapter 1 as far as I know.

purpleblob

February 15th, 2021, 23:56
I didn't notice any major framerate drops myself.

I've played the game until the first few army management battles.
I'm going to give it a rest now and go back to the Witcher 3 I think.

The game seems like it's shaping up quite well with some bugs here and there which they seem to be fixing as they go.

I would expect the first 2 acts to be almost bug free at release with only the latter acts having bugs.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

February 16th, 2021, 02:19
Hmmm…..
Attached Images
File Type: png Uhoh.png (248.3 KB, 49 views)

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

February 16th, 2021, 02:58
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
Hmmm…..
Oh, something terrible will happen to him soon indeed. Too soon

purpleblob

February 16th, 2021, 16:09
Thanks for your inputs regarding performances, it's strange. I saw micro-freeze episodes when the mouse got over all the stuff (monsters, bodies, spells, allies), showing the tooltips or changing the mouse icon. I suppose this is more visible in turn-based mode, I tried in real-time and it's not that obvious - it's either pause or frenetic battle, not much time for the mouse to get over anything.

That, or it's due to the last update.

EDIT: the problem was due to the tooltip, when Inspect is enabled. Apparently rendering the tooltip and/or gathering the information to display takes some time…

Hmmm…..
Well spotted!
Pff, he could have warned me earlier, I never had the chance to taste this festival drink

Spoiler

Kingmaker was cozy, but I really like the divine and demonic dimensions given by WotR, there's something epic from the very start.
Last edited by Redglyph; February 16th, 2021 at 22:03.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

February 16th, 2021, 16:17
Well, I lied. I rerolled a Crossblooded Sorceress Dhampir. I want to try out some Demonic path stuff as I never play that in my actual runs.

It's not for me but it's interesting to see. I'll probably stick with it to around the same point.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

+1:

February 16th, 2021, 22:19
Well, I lied. I rerolled a Crossblooded Sorceress Dhampir. I want to try out some Demonic path stuff as I never play that in my actual runs.

It's not for me but it's interesting to see. I'll probably stick with it to around the same point.
My most out there idea is dhampir bloodrager. Still haven't decided which mythic I will choose in the beginning (tossing between lich and demon) and later switch to GD. I don't know much about bloodrager so wondering which of 2 mythics will create better synergy.

purpleblob

February 16th, 2021, 23:02
My most out there idea is dhampir bloodrager. Still haven't decided which mythic I will choose in the beginning (tossing between lich and demon) and later switch to GD. I don't know much about bloodrager so wondering which of 2 mythics will create better synergy.
I've no clue about synergies.

Just trying out things. I don't grasp a lot of things in this game and DnD in general.
I still don't understand why mages can't know more than 2 spells even though they know 15 What's the point of knowing 15 spells when you can only use 2 ?

That's why I'm playing a sorcerer, at least there it makes sense I can use all my spells even if there's a limit per rest.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

February 16th, 2021, 23:49
I've no clue about synergies.

Just trying out things. I don't grasp a lot of things in this game and DnD in general.
I still don't understand why mages can't know more than 2 spells even though they know 15 What's the point of knowing 15 spells when you can only use 2 ?

That's why I'm playing a sorcerer, at least there it makes sense I can use all my spells even if there's a limit per rest.
Spontaneous casters (sorcerers etc) have advantages of not having to prepare/memorise spells but they learn less spells than non-spontaneous casters (mages etc). So non-spotaneous casters can meet arcane caster requirement quicker if you want to go prestige classes like Arcane Trickster or Eldritch Knight etc than spontaneous casters. Also, I got in a situation where my sorcerer didn't learn the spell I needed whereas my mage already obtained the spell I need (since you can even learn spells off the scrolls), I just need to memorise the right one and rest then its all good.

purpleblob

February 17th, 2021, 00:00
EDIT: the problem was due to the tooltip, when Inspect is enabled. Apparently rendering the tooltip and/or gathering the information to display takes some time…
You should report that as performance enhancement anyway (maybe choosing "recommendation" instead). I had the inspect on all the time in Kingmaker but I only turn it on when needed in WotR since it seem to take up more space…. (feel so clustered!)

Pff, he could have warned me earlier, I never had the chance to taste this festival drink
Hah, I had chance to have some drinks Pretty sure the whole festival is in there as a tutorial purposes

purpleblob

+1:

February 17th, 2021, 14:18
I just noticed with my new character that your race matters at least in a few instances.
Spoiler

It's nice to see these things.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

+1:

February 17th, 2021, 14:19
Spontaneous casters (sorcerers etc) have advantages of not having to prepare/memorise spells but they learn less spells than non-spontaneous casters (mages etc). So non-spotaneous casters can meet arcane caster requirement quicker if you want to go prestige classes like Arcane Trickster or Eldritch Knight etc than spontaneous casters. Also, I got in a situation where my sorcerer didn't learn the spell I needed whereas my mage already obtained the spell I need (since you can even learn spells off the scrolls), I just need to memorise the right one and rest then its all good.
That's a good point. I think the only issue with that is if there are lots of restrictions no resting (like time sensitive quests).

Maybe I'll go with a non-spontaneous caster next time then…

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

February 17th, 2021, 18:24
I just noticed with my new character that your race matters at least in a few instances.
Spoiler

It's nice to see these things.
I love that. It's funny, I just made a similar comment on Discord, I saw that Queen Galfrey answered to a question on her age with a bit of irony because I'm an elf (and elves get even older than her). I'm pretty sure a different answer is made to dwarves and humans. It's not much but it feels more personal

That's a good point. I think the only issue with that is if there are lots of restrictions no resting (like time sensitive quests).

Maybe I'll go with a non-spontaneous caster next time then…
Yes, it's really specialization vs freedom vs flexibility. Clerics are in-between, they must prepare their spells each day, but from the whole (smaller) list of cleric spells. So
  • Wizards must choose the known spells at each level from a big global list, they cannot change later, and they must prepare a small selection of known spells each day. They can learn additional spells from scrolls.
  • Sorcerers must choose the known spells at each level from the same big global list, this number of known spells is smaller than for the wizard but they don't need to prepare them, they can use any of them. They cannot learn from scrolls.
  • Clerics must prepare their spells each day directly from a global list, so they know more spells than wizards and sorcerers, but this global list is smaller than the wizard's / sorcerer's big global list. They don't need to learn from scrolls.
(that's a simplified comparison)

Tough choice

Now that I've tasted it, I think I prefer the cleric's way, even if I miss some of the exotic spells that wizards enjoy. With a wizard or a sorcerer, I always have a hard time selecting spells, and I'm invariably frustrated to know so few of them.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

February 17th, 2021, 22:13
Yes, it's really specialization vs freedom vs flexibility. Clerics are in-between, they must prepare their spells each day, but from the whole (smaller) list of cleric spells. So
  • Wizards must choose the known spells at each level from a big global list, they cannot change later, and they must prepare a small selection of known spells each day. They can learn additional spells from scrolls.
  • Sorcerers must choose the known spells at each level from the same big global list, this number of known spells is smaller than for the wizard but they don't need to prepare them, they can use any of them. They cannot learn from scrolls.
  • Clerics must prepare their spells each day directly from a global list, so they know more spells than wizards and sorcerers, but this global list is smaller than the wizard's / sorcerer's big global list. They don't need to learn from scrolls.
(that's a simplified comparison)

Tough choice

Now that I've tasted it, I think I prefer the cleric's way, even if I miss some of the exotic spells that wizards enjoy. With a wizard or a sorcerer, I always have a hard time selecting spells, and I'm invariably frustrated to know so few of them.
Just to add complexity, there are spontaneous divine caster as well (oracle is spontaneous divine caster while cleric is non-spontaneous divine caster)

Oracle + sorcerer gives me a flexibilty for me to build mystic theurge (MT) without having to worry about messy spell book (since both oracle and sorc are spontaneous casters) + they both use CHA as primary stat.

When I tried cleric + empyreal sorc (both use WIS as primary stat) to build MT, combined spell book was so messy because cleric is non-spontaneous and sorc is spontaneous caster.

purpleblob

February 17th, 2021, 23:04
And to think we play this to relax…

Redglyph

SasqWatch

February 17th, 2021, 23:39
And to think we play this to relax…
Planning for builds can be strangely relaxing…

purpleblob

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates