Euro 2020

I've watched every single game. ;)
Italy really impressed me yesterday, confirming what a solid, well rounded and well organized team they are. Also really enjoyed France-Germany, what a high quality game that was.

I'm highly anticipating the Belgium game today, for obvious reasons. :) Despite the situation with the Danish team, I do hope they crush them.

The Dutch probably have too many injuries but they are always exciting to watch. Could this finally be England's year?

Has there ever been a deadlier group of Death? Germany, France, and Portugal are stupid crazy :p.

I watched almost every game, they are all in the middle of my workday so I have something to watch in the background so it's perfect.

Shocking what happened to Eriksen and I'm appalled by how some broadcasters handled the situation as well as UEFA not canceling the match outright. Finland was good and they proved that against Russia (even though they lost the game could have gone either way), but Danes were simply not in that game anymore.

Otherwise, great tournament, quality of matches was higher than I've seen on Euros/World Cups in a while (at least considering group stage). Belgium and Italy started strong and there were no major upsets besides the Denmark - Finland game. There was no bad game except maybe Spain vs Sweden. My favorite so far was Netherlands vs Ukraine.

Since Serbia is not in the tournament I'll be rooting for Macedonia, but it will be a miracle if they advance through the group stage. Otherwise, my favorites are France but it will be very interesting in the knockout stage since I expect Belgium, Portugal and England to go through (as well as Italy who secured their place in the best 16).

Has there ever been a deadlier group of Death? Germany, France, and Portugal are stupid crazy :p.

Not sure, the three you mention -- especially France, what a star studded team they have -- are indeed very strong teams. I almost feel sorry for poor Hungary. :)

Not sure, the three you mention -- especially France, what a star studded team they have -- are indeed very strong teams. I almost feel sorry for poor Hungary. :)

It seems they hung on in the Portugal game until the first goal but then it all broke down. 3-0 was not what I was expecting coming into last 10 minutes of the game.

I'm watching as well, though it's challenging to view the games while living in the US. I don't like using my computer to watch telly shows/games, yet sometimes I'm forced to do so. Game on!

Germany ... uh ...

Haven't watched a single game, though watched the Euro Hockey last week :)

Last edited:
Yeah the game really turned around after De Bruyne and Hazard came in. Still a very close match, it could have gone either way. I could even have been a draw in the last second but Denmark wasn't lucky.

Denmark played a great game. One of the most exciting games so far. I like the tribute at the 10-minute mark.

Belgium was completely unrecognizable first half, thrown back by the sheer passion of the Danes. Good thing De Bruyne had a very good day, as he almost single handedly turned the game around. Those 2 goals were gorgeous displays of team play, dissecting the Danish defense almost casually, but yeah, game still could have gone to a tie (which would not have been undeserved for the Denmark).
I was also very happy to see some glimpses of the frivolous genius of the old (pre-Madrid) Hazard.

Hopefully they can take some lessons out of that atrocious first half.

The Netherlands playing pretty well in front of their home crowd. They are in a pretty easy group but not bad for the first two games. Plus, they get to stay away from Italy in the next round.

Not in the forums, but in RL quite a lot. ;)
Somehow I can't image that….You sound much to good-natured for that.

Edit: But may be you have reasons to swear during the next two hours... ;-)

Back
Top Bottom