Antharion - Update #11, Previews

I need a higher level of graphics, I guess, to invest in a game. I'm a fairly likely buyer, but not an investor. I need to know the whole game is made and ready to play to have any interest.

New update with gameplay video (full battle etc.) available at last!
Hope they make it still.

Also i dont know why anyone is critizising this game for its graphics. They are better and more charming than anything Vogel got out. Also i think the whole game looks very polished and should be so much fun to play at least for us "old schoolers". Hm.

Also here is an interview at the codex:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8570

These quotes might interest readers here:
How diverse are Antharion's quests going to be? What other types of quests apart from kill and fetch quests are you going to put in the game? You also call the game world of Antharion "open-ended". Does this include alternative endings and multiple quest solutions?

There’s a lot of diversity. Of course you’ll have the standard Fed-Ex style quests, but you’ll also have some pretty unique stuff. For example: you meet a local slave trader in one of the sleazier taverns on the wrong side of town. He tells you that he’s just had a shipment of Orcs stolen by a rival slaver and asks you to go retrieve them. From this point there are a number of possible outcomes: (1) you could go and retrieve the Orc slaves and return them to the quest giver; (2) you could go and free the Orc slaves; (3) you might happen to run into the rival slaver who would then offer you money to kill the quest giver; or (4) you could just kill all of Orc slaves for the heck of it. Personally, I love these types of quests and will put as many of them in as possible. The decisions that you make in a quest like this will have a direct impact on your party’s alignment which in turn affects the world in all kinds of other ways.

So definitely, Antharion has multiple endings and lots of multiple quest solutions.
Currently there is little to no character animations in the game. How is that going to change?

While animation is visually appealing, it also obfuscates the underlying core gameplay mechanics. That said, I understand that a lot of people want it and at this point we’re seriously considering adding it as an option.

New update with gameplay video (full battle etc.) available at last!
Hope they make it still.

Also i dont know why anyone is critizising this game for its graphics. They are better and more charming than anything Vogel got out. Also i think the whole game looks very polished and should be so much fun to play at least for us "old schoolers". Hm.

The difference is Vogel has almost a two decade track record in making quality games that he banks on. I hate his graphics too, to be fair. With this game, though, well… I don't like anime/manga styles and these characters with the big heads reek of those big-headed "comedic" anime characters. It's just ugly. I'm not even sure why I backed it. The gameplay looks great, but will I be able to get past the "charm" enough to actually play the game, I wonder!

I don't think it is ugly at all, vogel's stuff is definately ugly though.

The characters in this game isnt animé style at all.. big heads has nothing to do with it either, you're confusing it with big eyes probably which is characteristic for animé.

Maybe a new art direction (for the characters) will get more people interested, personally i'm fine with it but it seems to be the main critique.

Back
Top Bottom