Blizzard Announcing Warcraft 4?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
It seems there is another rumor going around this week that Blizzard might be finally making a new Warcraft RTS game after almost ten years.

Link - http://www.fatalhero.com/2014/11/06/blizzard-announcing-warcraft-4-blizzcon-weekend/
It has been more than a decade since we last saw a full-fledged Warcraft title dabble in the real-time strategy genre. Twelve years, to be exact, as Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos was released in July of 2002. With BlizzCon on the agenda for this weekend, there are some signs that may point to Warcraft IV getting announced for the very near future.
I hope this it true but then I remember they require you to be constantly logged onto to Battle.net, and play the full game on a server now.:disappointed:

Last edited:
*throws a barrage of rotten food at Blizzard*

…and yet I can't shake my recent craving for single-player Starcraft II.

I hate Battle.net.

I have no problems with battlenet. Far better than Origins garbage. I do miss additive games former Blizzard used to release. Everyone was waiting for their next title since just about every single one of them were MASSIVE SUCCESS. How I miss old WoW days...

*throws a barrage of rotten food at Blizzard*

…and yet I can't shake my recent craving for single-player Starcraft II.

I hate Battle.net.
It was fine with the first Starcraft 2 as they allowed you to play offline. It wasn't until the first expansion that Blizzard decided not to allow anyone to play offline.

It got worse with Diablo 3 and they only released a DRM- free version on consoles.

Far better than Origins garbage.

Really? I can't do the always-online crap, and I resent it mightily when a publisher forces you to be online to play what they call a single player game. Origins is horrible but at least it gives you an offline option…of sorts. o.o

It was worse with Diablo 3 and they only released a DRM- free version on consoles.

And that's why I refuse to buy it. :brood:

I'd have refused to buy Starcraft 2 as well, but I was lured into buying it before they made it always-online.

Really? I can't do the always-online crap, and I resent it mightily when a publisher forces you to be online to play what they call a single player game. Origins is horrible but at least it gives you an offline option…of sorts. o.o

I suppose I'm more tolerant with battlenet since I like Blizzard games better than recent Bioware titles. Also, I usually view Blizzard games more MMO sort - WoW is MMO and I find Diablo 3 boring without other friends to play with. I was never into RTS so I don't play SC and WC.

I kind of lost interest in Blizzard altogether after Starcraft II. It was just so boring in comparison to its predecessor .. In fact, I have yet to play the zerg expansion despite foolishly purchasing it on release.

I very much doubt WC4 is coming, but I would be thrilled if it did. It could be tactically clever to release a new Warcraft tho, as it would certainly generate some more interest for WoW. Personally, I play through WC3 about once a year or some such thing, and I always get hooked on WoW again afterwards. However, since the story in WoW has moved on since then, it would be very interesting to see a WC game with King Varian Wrynn, Vol'jin and so on.

I kind of lost interest in Blizzard altogether after Starcraft II. It was just so boring in comparison to its predecessor ..

I agree. SC2 was a huge disappointment for me. 3/4 of the single-player campaign was basically a tutorial, and none of the difficulty levels felt right to me.

Fwiw, I never cared much for Warcraft 3 either. WC2 was a lot better for its time.

I very much doubt WC4 is coming, but I would be thrilled if it did. It could be tactically clever to release a new Warcraft tho, as it would certainly generate some more interest for WoW. Personally, I play through WC3 about once a year or some such thing, and I always get hooked on WoW again afterwards. However, since the story in WoW has moved on since then, it would be very interesting to see a WC game with King Varian Wrynn, Vol'jin and so on.

I am back in WoW again for the new expansion but the Lore/story is one huge mess now with time travelling orcs and what not. I don't see where they can now take the story. I mean we know what the end game is (Burning legion) and everything they do (Mop, WoD) seems to be side shows compared to that. There are not many mysteries left in the WoW universe and there ain't many interesting NPC left in the world whom you care much about. So my point is we won't see WC4...

It's better if it never comes since it would basically be League of Legends: Blizzard edition. The younger generation is not able to play an RTS.

We better remain with the RTSes from the golden age like Total Annihilation, Red Alert 2 or Warcraft 2, it's never going to get better.

After their Titan cancellation, I really can't be bothered to care about their games anymore.

I am back in WoW again for the new expansion but the Lore/story is one huge mess now with time travelling orcs and what not. I don't see where they can now take the story. I mean we know what the end game is (Burning legion) and everything they do (Mop, WoD) seems to be side shows compared to that. There are not many mysteries left in the WoW universe and there ain't many interesting NPC left in the world whom you care much about. So my point is we won't see WC4…

Yes, this is exactly why I feel a WC4 would make sense. Fast forward a few years, make a proper story like the one in WC3 and then make a new WoW expansion once WC4 has cleaned up the story and overall lore. In fact, I think the lore in the Warcraft universe needs something of a reboot like that, simply because it's a mess now (as you correctly point out).

Back
Top Bottom