Divinity: Original Sin II - Co-op Spotlight

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Co-op can be fun in Divinity: Original Sin II:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Co-op Spotlight

There are many ways to tackle situations in Divinity: Original Sin 2 and working together in co-op is just one of them. You don’t have to be like Apostol. But you can, if you want.
More information.

Game Master mode, Co-op they put lot of light on elements their own poll made it clear than not so many people cared about in an isometric RPG.

With their last videos you could be forgiven to wonder if those guys are doing a RPG with, hopefully, a solid Single Player campaign or a Facebook social game.

Yes they seem really hell bent on pushing co-op play and their poll results said people are not that interested in it.

I see nothing wrong in encouraging people to try something new. It could pay off very well for them if people realize how fun co op is in a rpg. I really like how they are trying to advance it with systems like in game debate systems. They have some good ideas.

I see nothing wrong in encouraging people to try something new. It could pay off very well for them if people realize how fun co op is in a rpg. I really like how they are trying to advance it with systems like in game debate systems. They have some good ideas.

Yeah, I will be playing it in 4 player co-op, but i dont think any of us would play like apostle. Most people would play like they are playing a D&D game really and cooperate.

Game Master mode, Co-op they put lot of light on elements their own poll made it clear than not so many people cared about in an isometric RPG.

With their last videos you could be forgiven to wonder if those guys are doing a RPG with, hopefully, a solid Single Player campaign or a Facebook social game.
Game Master mode was a Kickstarter goal that was reached, which is why it is in.
And in my opinion it is a solid single player game that also has co-op.

Well, the last game worked horribly with the split personality co-champions. Roderick and Scarlett playing Rock-paper-scissors as they pretended to be bushes/barrels. Totally mature...for a 4-year old. Hopefully they learned something from that.

I was surprised the kickstarter was successful the 2nd time to be honest. However, thanks to the Watch, I get to play it for free so I'll try the game for sure. I don't expect much at all, so I could be pleasantly surprised.

I may be wrong here but it seems co-op is all they they talk about when you see these news post. Its starting to annoy me really since I don't care about co-op.

Totally mature…for a 4-year old.
Cmon, we can nitpick anything anywhere, but in the end D:OS(2) still ain't a phonegame.

I may be wrong here but it seems co-op is all they they talk about when you see these news post. Its starting to annoy me really since I don't care about co-op.
If you ever buy Agents of Mayhem, do not visit steam forums.
Although devs are determined to keep it singleplayer only, every day a loud minority is whining they want coop in numerous threads.

Coop maybe sells. But also perhaps coop games lose on selling the product to people who want strictly singleplayer (sequel). WL3 perhaps got more buyers by adding MMO mechanics, but lost at least one - me.

Over 80% of their audience doesn't care about co-op but Sven wants to play on his couch with his girlfriend so the survey doesn't matter. He made the game for the two of them and that's fine. There is a 20% market that likes this. Larian will miss a portion of the 80% market who won't buy because of it though. How big is that portion?

Don't ask me how big it is. How can I know, I'm not into market research.
But the first game already had coop and the game didn't lose anything because of having it integrated. Unlike some other sequels that are forcing it because of course all games have to feature multiplayer rubbish.

Me either. I think most of the folks who played D:OS will play the sequel. My guess is they'll sell less copies of 2 than 1, but we'll see.

I backed 1 at $500 and won't pay a cent for 2, so they've lost $500 already :D

You have friends who are ready to play an isometric RPG of 80-100 hours at exactly the same time of the day than you are ready to play it? I am jealous, you are lucky.

For me, few years ago, even gathering a group of 4 friends to do a 2 or 3 hours instance in WOW required some serious skills in project management.

With everyone getting a family or jobs where you have to do on-calls coop becomes no more possible. And I suspect than most of the people still playing isometric games have now that kind of issues.

I suspect MMOs got popular because AI in games is (still) pathetic.

And then recommended specs for a game with brainless AI is some $78698567985745689 priced i9, PCGamer and similar liars are shilling for equally expensive i7 that adds nothing to performance, while for some MMO shitty ment for laptops i3 duocore that operates on less than 2Ghz is more than enough.

I have to agree with nutty that their humor is questionable - and quite obnoxious more often than "charming".

If you want charming, look at something like Might and Magic or the Quest of Glory series. If we go beyond RPGs - then the Kyrandia series is a good example of a proper light-hearted tone.

To me, the majority of Larian's humor is simply juvenile. Not unlike Sven's over-the-top attitude.

He's still likable, though. I just don't think I could be in a room with him for more than an hour before getting the urge to kill.

Also, the stealth visuals rank among the worst design decisions of all time.

But nutty is, of course, objectively wrong about co-op. People who don't enjoy coop belong in prison with electrified floor and wall panels.

But nutty is, of course, objectively wrong about co-op. People who don't enjoy coop belong in prison with electrified floor and wall panels.
Yea... No.

soap.gif

People who don't enjoy coop are people I like. I want to do other bad things with people, not coop.

I enjoyed Larian's humour in Original Sin. I seem to be in a minority of one here on that though!

I don't have any interest in co op, mainly because I don't have any friends that would be up for giving it a go. *sniff* :) It doesn't bother me that it's included though. If the single player game is anywhere near as good as the first one I'll be very happy.

Back
Top Bottom