Meridian Shard - Finished!

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Meridian Shard has been finished according to the latest update.

Finished!

This is an update about the update for tomorrow; Canada Day! I finally finished making the game. Yes, it's true. For real. It's done. After years of work, I did it. And it's amazing.

Can you play it finally?

YES. Tomorrow.

Why tomorrow?

Because I literally just finished the last dialogue sentence and saved the project 15 minutes ago. I need to run it from start to finish one last time to see how long it takes to play through the story, and to make sure that it runs for you ultra smoothly. Regardless, it will be available for download tomorrow.

Tonight I will pack up all the necessary Windows libraries, API, and files to include them in the download .zip so that there's no need for you to even install anything on your computer(s). I will also include a self-extracting package so that you just have to click on it and it will open the game folder, where you can just click and run it. It will be absolutely 100% DRM-free as promised. Now, you will be the first humans on planet earth other than myself to play this game, so even though I have tested meticulously throughout, I will need you to watch closely and report any bugs (text, spelling, menus, items etc), so I can make amendments before the official public release.

I really, really need to get some sleep, so goodnight all! I will upload the game file, provide you with a download link, and post a proper, full-color update here before 5pm tomorrow, July 1st.
More information.

This was posted under the update.

Ultimate Fantasy Studio 2-time creator about 19 hours ago

Woo hoo! It's 12:53 am as I right this. I just played through the entire game without finding a single bug. It's been 3 long weeks of testing and frustration as I find little things that need adjusting/repair and removal. All that's left to do now is put together a proper KS update and pack the game up. I'm leaving in the morning for a few days, but will take my laptop and will have wifi where I am, so I'll work on the update over the next few days and get it done for finally. Again, thank you for waiting. It's awesome to know that the game can be played from start to finish without any interruptions or crashes or doors that don't open or dialogue that doesn't start, or battles that abruptly end with weird status ailments. Yes, these are the charms I've been working with over the past few weeks. I'm absolutely exhausted and need to sleep for the drive tomorrow. So, once I get settled in, I will get to work on the update. High-5!

Hmmm, except Canada day was a bit ago. I'll say though, the game looks absolutely gorgeous. Has anyone heard an actual date on which this might be released as of yet?

Hmmm, except Canada day was a bit ago. I'll say though, the game looks absolutely gorgeous. Has anyone heard an actual date on which this might be released as of yet?

Well, the plan right now is to release it only to Kickstarter backers as a sort of final beta test (in a few days as stated in the latest comment Silver posted). Then, assuming there are no major issues that backers encounter, he'll announce a release date for Steam in the near future.

I really don't know what to expect as far as gameplay goes, but yes the visuals are looking really nice.

I really don't know what to expect as far as gameplay goes, but yes the visuals are looking really nice.

Other way round for me. Looks horrendous, but I think the gameplay will be nice. Keeping an eye on this one.

About time as this was another kickstarter from the early days.

like the aesthetics, 7/10.
made me happy

Didnt this release in 2016? Am i having future flashbacks?

Other way round for me. Looks horrendous, but I think the gameplay will be nice. Keeping an eye on this one.

Looks terrible indeed, hopefully it has depth.

Hmm, are you guys perhaps basing your opinion on the KS pitch video / trailer? That was certainly pretty rough, but it was 5 years ago. There hasn't really been any videos since then, but screenshots in recent updates suggest a vast improvement in the visuals which is really what I was saying looks nice. Granted as we haven't seen it in motion (and not many characters) it's hard to know what to expect. And I don't really know what the gameplay will be like either aside from turn-based JRPG style combat, but something about the original pitch must have appealed to me because I backed it.

Well, that post was from a ways back and the game hasn't hit Steam. Nothing to see here?

Well, that post was from a ways back and the game hasn't hit Steam. Nothing to see here?
Well if you read the comments on the update it was delayed for bug-testing.
July 10, 2018

Testing is coming along nicely, if by nicely I mean lots and lots of little bugs are getting squashed. I'm almost done with the last repairs. It's completely built, I'm just checking leaks as I go here before I upload it. It's easier for me to just play it through over and over and make notes for repairs as I go than to have you all post your bug lists here. I'm sure there will still be some quirks with the pre-release copy, but that's okay, as it will give me some time to fix anything before I go printing the CD copies. Anyway, I'm just fixing some text/grammar today, then I will run through the game again tonight. If all goes well, I'll make an update promptly. As far as the rewards go, I already ordered most of the merch, so I will add this information to the next update. Thanks for checking in. See ya'll soon.

5 days ago

Okay everyone, I have tested beyond insanity, finding bugs in every nook and cranny I could get into. Thankfully, everything has been resolved, or I have found a satisfying workaround, and there are no game-breakers. It's important that I be as thorough as humanly possible before I submit the pre-release to you all here. I am running 2 last run throughs today and tomorrow, so that I can feel certain that it will run well for you. Hopefully that will wrap up this weekend, as I am taking my wife away for a few days of R&R starting Monday, so I will be off the grid until later next week. It's my plan to have this done before we go so that I can relax finally. Thanks for you patience. The game is done being developed, so it's just the testing that has held me up this past few weeks. I'm starting it up right now, so I should be able to get one run in before I go to bed tonight. Cheers!

2 days ago

Woo hoo! It's 12:53 am as I right this. I just played through the entire game without finding a single bug. It's been 3 long weeks of testing and frustration as I find little things that need adjusting/repair and removal. All that's left to do now is put together a proper KS update and pack the game up. I'm leaving in the morning for a few days, but will take my laptop and will have wifi where I am, so I'll work on the update over the next few days and get it done for finally. Again, thank you for waiting. It's awesome to know that the game can be played from start to finish without any interruptions or crashes or doors that don't open or dialogue that doesn't start, or battles that abruptly end with weird status ailments. Yes, these are the charms I've been working with over the past few weeks. I'm absolutely exhausted and need to sleep for the drive tomorrow. So, once I get settled in, I will get to work on the update. High-5!

Well if you read the comments on the update it was delayed for bug-testing.

Ah! Thanks. I didn't read that site. I read this one and barely have time for that. So, we could see this in a couple days perhaps.

Psh, wasnt trying to cause issues :p
Was truly curious as I thought it was already released and functional.

Back
Top Bottom