Kingdom Come - Already Sold 500,000

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@byznys.ihned.cz Kingdom Come: Deliverance has already sold 500,000.

• Czech Medieval RPG Kingdome Come: Deliverance aims to succeed.
  • According to the developers, hundreds of thousands of copies were sold two days after the release, and the costly development of the game is likely to be paid.
  • It would be a great success for developers if they sold over a million copies.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance of Warhorse Studios exceeded half a million units, Lupa.cz reported. It was estimated by Daniel Vávra, the developer and co-owner of the studio at Czech Television . The game, which the studio has been developing for six years, was launched on Tuesday 13 February.

"I think the game will be paid tomorrow, and anything over a million sold will be nice for us, and we are about to be in two days (from the release) to half," Czech TV Vávra said on Wednesday evening. Development, according to him, stood at hundreds of millions of crowns. It is probably the most costly game in the Czech Republic.
[...]
More information.

Good news. It's encouraging to see this type of game doing good business, even with mixed reviews. I hope this also means the game will be supported and patched up to its potential.

Yeah I agree, and the signs are good. Their latest update on Steam includes this:
We have heard you all and lockpicking is something that we will be working on to make it better. Not only that but having a save and quit feature is something that we will take a very close look at, along with some other "things" as well!

It's also in a twitter post from the Devs
https://mobile.twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/963902455812644870

PUBG is not a game but moneyearnning crap.

On topic and high sales number I can only comment with :thumbup:

Mentioned picking locks is super easy to me and I'm not sure why are they going to change anything in it. Especially when there is a perk to instantly "destroy" easier locks.
I find stealth system more problematic where everyone in a room wakes up for no apparent reason as if their 6th sense told them a burglar is nearby. Yes I've tried sneaking while being naked, no dice.
No, they won't wake up hearing a chainmail from a guard that came also in the room, again their 6th sense tells them it ain't no criminal.

Let's hope it won't fizzle out like No Man's Sky.
That is: exceptional sales at start, then a sudden death when bad word of mouth started to spread.

FYI: I'm for NMS as Joxer for KCD. Fanboys rejoyce! ;)

I wonder if this includes kickstarter backers?

There was just 35,384 backers.

Let's hope it won't fizzle out like No Man's Sky.
That is: exceptional sales at start, then a sudden death when bad word of mouth started to spread.

The "bad word of mouth" is actually super positive for this game. People read the negative reviews and then see how much fun people are having and go buy the game anyway.

"Medieval RPG" ? KCD is a glorified adventure game. Still, it is nice to see it do well in sales. Here's hoping they top a million.

It's not medieval sim (you can't "romance" sheep nor goats, getting high is not what I mean here) nor is adventure game (no puzzles).
Glorified? Link please, so far I haven't seen any.

Yeah I agree, and the signs are good. Their latest update on Steam includes this:
We have heard you all and lockpicking is something that we will be working on to make it better. Not only that but having a save and quit feature is something that we will take a very close look at, along with some other "things" as well!

It's also in a twitter post from the Devs
https://mobile.twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/963902455812644870

Great that they are listening - that makes me more likely to buy this at some point.

Yep, think I'll wait for a proper save system.

It always amazes me when companies seem to think a turd of a saving system is adequate.....I mean, what other games have they ever played to come to that conclusion? A terrible saving system is easily one of the few things that will literally keep me away from any game for like, forever. Quickly followed by either Origin or ubijunk being required to load a game.

I like not being able to save anywhere as it really adds to the realism and tension in a game. I realize I am probably in the minority though so I assume they will change it. This forces you to really think about your choices Instead of just saving right before a fight

So far game feels like a long railroaded cutscene but I only played for an hour and quit when I got to Talmberg. Hopefully this is only in the early parts to setup the story. Story and voice acting pretty decent though I think.

Also I get like 20fps in action scenes on low setting which is off as I have a pretty decent rig with 16gig memory.

I just wanted to get a feel for the game so now I will wait 6 months for patching.

It always amazes me when companies seem to think a turd of a saving system is adequate

If the game save system is a turd than every RPGs save system is a turd. It has both auto-saves and save anywhere via Schnaps. The only thing it is missing is a "save on exit" feature that doesn't really on bed or Schnaps for people with short playtime.

The Schnaps also makes savecummers poor drunkards and that piss them off but I believe that was the point.

I really hope they officially patch in a proper save system. I want to decide when to save in a game, for all sorts of reasons. If people want to save-scum, that's their problem, but I don't want some horrible mechanism making it inconvenient for everyone. Particularly when the game is as buggy as this - I'm not going to let it aggravate me with lost progress.

Congratulations Warhorse studios, hope you make the million. I have followed this game for years in development and have always been impressed with the constant updates and level of commitment.
I was a little unsure whether I was going to like it when I first fired it up, but the story soon gets going and really starts to pull you in, I just hope it continues to impress and the Devs continue to support the game.

Back
Top Bottom