Satellite Reign - Syndicate Wars Spiritual Sequel

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Yes I know this isn't an RPG but the news deserves front page status. After getting the failed FPS two years ago I lost all hope for a new Syndicate War game.

Now we have a new project from some of the original developers. The game is called Satellite Reign a project from developer 5 Lives Studios.

Satellite Reign is a A real-time, class-based strategy game, set in an open world cyberpunk city, from the creator of Syndicate Wars.

You control a team of four agents, each with distinct and unique abilities, collectively battling for control of a fully simulated, living cyberpunk city.

The game world is designed to facilitate emergent gameplay, giving you the tools and freedom to play how you want to play, so you can create strategies and scenarios that not even we had anticipated!

Customise your team with the strength to destroy your enemies head-on, or hack into their facilities to manipulate their infrastructure without them ever knowing you were even there.

Will you take down your enemies with brute-force? Covert espionage and infiltration? Or will you use propaganda to influence the citizens of the city and overthrow the controlling powers?
More information.

setting seems herp-a-derp cyberpunk, but I concede this is in the tradition of the original

While I liked the atmosphere and sound of the original (still listening to the music of that game to this date) I don't really miss it's gameplay.
So with this one I prefer to wait till the release before paying for another KRATER.

Looks really good, I will likely back this one.

I'm planning to interview these guys next week, if they have the time and accept:) If you have any questions in particular or want to know something a certain aspect of the game ask here and I'll see what I can do.

Oh yes. Another one I simply had to pledge for. I wonder how many games I'm waiting for now, I've lost count...lets see...I've pledged for 16 games that were funded, and only one has been released so far. That's alot of games...

Oh wow, this looks very promising!

I'll pledge when the PayPal option goes up.

I like how they put in US Dollars under neath the (pound/franc/euro whatever). So I will be in. First one with non-us dollars.

Well it certainly reads like a CRPG. Are they hurting their own marketing by representing it as a strategy game?

Well it certainly reads like a CRPG. Are they hurting their own marketing by representing it as a strategy game?
Well there is no mention at all of the game being classified as an RPG anywhere in the kickstarter, or games webpage. The developers call it "A real-time, class-based strategy game."

Back
Top Bottom