Completely stuck in 9th Dawn

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
Not sure anyone has played this gem but I thought I'd ask. I'm stuck in Fort Grunthas killing undead. I've run through the thing more times than I care to mention looking for the gate to use Vincent's hand to open. I can't find a way to progress and I'm at level 62. Anyone play this?

It looks like a joke but it’s very addictive. I can’t believe I’m stuck this far in but sadly I am. I know this is a long shot looking for help though!

Yeah I had to Google it as well!

Not sure if how helpful this is as you already have the hand, but I found this response on a website where someone else had asked what looks like the same question:

to get the hand, go into the well in Agaria, beat the ghost at the end, get the key dropped by the ghost, tap on the locked door in Agaria, open the box, get the book, show Renn, Renn will tell you to go see Vincent (the guy outside the skeleton castle), talk to him, kill him, take the hand, go to Big Scary Castle, tap door, walk through, thank Duivs, do a little dance.
For Vincert to battle you, you need both Europhos' satchel and the book found in the locked house in Agaria.

Yeah it’s that last part that says “go to big scary castle”. Ugh. As far as I can tell it’s inaccessible without finding a gate which I thought was inside this fort. But at this point I may be doing something stupid I’ll have to wander around more I guess. Thanks for trying to help though!

I saw it on mobile before but the graphics turned me off. Might check it out eventually. About to dig into Exiled Kingdoms again, which also seems like a little gem.

I saw it on mobile before but the graphics turned me off. Might check it out eventually. About to dig into Exiled Kingdoms again, which also seems like a little gem.

I'm really enjoying Exiled Kingdoms. It's hitting the right nostalgia spot for me.

There's a 9th Dawn II on Steam. Is this the same game or a sequel?

I'm really enjoying Exiled Kingdoms. It's hitting the right nostalgia spot for me.

There's a 9th Dawn II on Steam. Is this the same game or a sequel?

A sequel. It's on Android, too.

Exiled Kingdoms is a confirmed gem. Very cool little game. Surprised by the hugeness of the open-world and the overall competent design so far.

Fluent I’m not sure why you assume 9th Dawn is not a good game. It’s an old school Ultima type campaign. It’s great old school fun. I’ve played a bit of Exiled Kingdoms and while the graphics are better than 9th Dawn 1 I’ll say the gameplay certainly isn’t.

With a level of 62, it sounds like 9th Dawn is just a grind fest. Is this incorrect? How many stats? Are there skill/perk trees? What build choices are there? I rarely, if ever, play a game over about level 30. I think I finished a 400 hour Skyrim play through at level 31.

I guess the original game isn't on Windows. The 9th Dawn links all take me to the sequel. I'm game to try that out though once I finish EK. I just can't play games on my phone. The screen is too small and its cumbersome to move around.

Wow, if you suffered through four hundred hours of Skyrim, I'd think you could just about survive anything!! As for ninth dawn, I know nothing about the game but the banter here is getting me intrigued.

I only use two stats dexterity and constitution for my archer. I think the level is just a carrot to invest point to stats and meet the next weapon minimum you found as loot. I’m certainly not advocating that this is a deep rpg. It’s just fun as hell exploring and fighting and discovering cool hidden areas and occasional jokes. It works because it’s charming I guess. The original IOS game was pulled when the publisher died. I’m playing on Steam and will do IOS for the sequel. Valorware has another one in development.

Yep, how do you buy pc version of 9th Dawn? It's not on Steam. Is it itchio? Hey I only make $53 an hour, I can talk four more seconds before I hit $2.:D

That looks quite similar to Dungeons of Chaos, minus all the stuff that makes that such a great game. This looks a bit too mayhem-y for the likes of me.

I plan on trying that at some point. Yes there is mayhem but the way those vids are showing it is a sure path to aggro death. It’s just a showcase clip.

Fluent I’m not sure why you assume 9th Dawn is not a good game. It’s an old school Ultima type campaign. It’s great old school fun. I’ve played a bit of Exiled Kingdoms and while the graphics are better than 9th Dawn 1 I’ll say the gameplay certainly isn’t.

It was a bad assumption. I saw the screenshots of the dark-colored graphics and it turned me off. If it's actually an Ultima-type game then that changes everything. I'll buy it and play it soon.

I am really enjoying Exiled Kingdoms, though. Interesting that you think 9th Dawn's gameplay is better. How so?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom