Any thoughts on Elveon?

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO
Here's another game that's sort of piqued my interest: Elveon. My initial reaction was along the lines of "Oh noes, not more nasssty elfses," but what I've seen since have modified that a bit.

(1) I like the art direction: it's beautiful in a severe way, sort of like art nouveau done entirely in granite and wrought iron. I'd always imagined the sons of Fëanor to have something of this look.

(2) The animations look extremely polished and realistic. I can't seem to remember many completely bad games with really good animations, so in my book this is promising.

(3) As far as I can tell, there are *no* dwarves, halflings, or orcs in evidence. Just elves.

Trouble is, there's precious little more to go on. The (pretty small) amount of hype I've come across includes adjectives like heroic, mythic, epic, action-RPG, non-linear but not really, exploration, non-action sequences, and so on.

Anyone been following this more? Dynamite or damp squib? Something in between?

The (pretty small) amount of hype I've come across includes adjectives like heroic, mythic, epic, action-RPG, non-linear but not really, exploration, non-action sequences, and so on.

Yeah - that is about my take ... ultra-pretty hack'n'slash console game coming to PC as well.

I hear the PC and console versions are significantly different (and not just in the usual graphics and UI), with the PC version heavier on RPG/exploration elements and the console version heavier on hack and slash. Apparently the demo they've showed also had the PC version looking much prettier.

Of course, at this point it's just "parole parole," but still... this just might be a sleeper.

Back
Top Bottom