Mass Effect - Team Park Attraction

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In 2016 you can pretend to be Commander Sheppard in a new ride that is being made in Califiornia's Great America theme park.

You’ll soon be able to hop aboard Commander Shepard’s favorite ride at California’s Great America. BioWare is teaming up with Cedar Fair to create a dynamic 3D adventure set in the Mass Effect universe.

The interactive ride, curated by a live performer, will take guests on a journey to a distant planet, where they will face off against larger-than-life foes and fight to save the day. Using cutting-edge 3D technology and 4D effects, the ride throws passengers right into the action, creating a fantastical adventure that they won’t soon forget.

The ride is expected to open in 2016 at California’s Great America in Santa Clara, California.
Thanks Eye.

More information.

Whoops, double post. Stupid phone browser.

Last edited:
I find this a bit strange, but I also find it strange to make movies based upon video games. Another sign of video games increasingly entering the mainstream these days.

An interesting find, Eye.

I have no love for Mass Effect but I've been to Great America a few times in the 90's.

First it was Paramount's Great America - where they had cool Klingons walking around (though the female clearly didn't speak any) - then later a really lame Ferengi hanging out with his buddy the Romulun. Then it was Marriot's and then I think it was California. Its changed hands several times and I wonder sometimes how its managed to stay open.

You can see it in all its glory in (Beverly Hills) Cop III.

But then one would actually have to watch Beverly Hills Cop III, and I'm sure you're not recommending that.

Edit: What the hell are 4D effects, by the way? Does the ride travel through time? Now, that might get me out to a California theme park. I'd even watch Beverly Hills Cop III.

Last edited:
Shouldn't this be theme park attraction?

Well, Inquisition was already a theme park, so this seems like a natural transition. Eh, couldn't help myself with that one. :p
Hope any of those kids out there don't run into any tresher maws. Or receive a bad ending.

Back
Top Bottom