Geneforge 1 - Mutagen - Funded - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Geneforge 1 - Mutagen - Funded

Default Geneforge 1 - Mutagen - Funded

February 23rd, 2020, 22:12
Geneforge 1 - Mutagen has been funded on Kickstarter and achieved its first stretch goal.

Geneforge is Funded! First Stretch Goal Met!

Spiderweb SoftwareCreator
February 18, 2020
The first five days of the Geneforge 1 - Mutagen Kickstarter have been very eventful! We funded in less than 24 hours. Even better, we have already made the first stretch goal! We will be adding a new creation to Geneforge, and we will be letting all backers help to design it.

We have added two more stretch goals: Professional sound design and an Android tablet port. We didn't get there for the Queen's Wish: The Conqueror Kickstarter, and we wanted to try again.

Thank you all so much for your support. We already have a good start on this game, and we're going to spend the next year making a really interesting remaster worthy of the series.

- Jeff Vogel, Spiderweb Software
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

February 24th, 2020, 06:52
Looking forward to this. Geneforge was my favorite series of all Spiderweb's games, and I know I'm not alone in thinking this. Very cool lore, unique concepts, etc.

ElderGnome

Gnome of the World

Location: High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern US…
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

February 24th, 2020, 16:46
Originally Posted by ElderGnome View Post
Looking forward to this. Geneforge was my favorite series of all Spiderweb's games, and I know I'm not alone in thinking this. Very cool lore, unique concepts, etc.
exactly !
For me it is the best of them all.
--
Everyone thinks i am crazy, but i am just adjusting to my environment.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

February 24th, 2020, 18:17
I'm glad they hit their goal, but I didn't kick into this one having learned my lesson the last time around, I will be grabbing it on day one via great old games.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

February 24th, 2020, 19:02
What lesson was that, Carnifex?
--
contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal+DLC | Stygian | Realms Beyond
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Encased | ATOM RPG+DLC | Urtuk | Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness

screeg

floating head
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

February 24th, 2020, 23:24
Originally Posted by screeg View Post
What lesson was that, Carnifex?
That the game will cost less to buy it at full retail on GoG than to get the same digital copy from the Kickstarter.
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

February 24th, 2020, 23:48
What Txa1265 said, and also that they almost lowered the bar with the funds they raised for the prior project, rather than raising it. It was still an excellent game, don't get me wrong, but that was a seriously missed opportunity for greatness.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

February 25th, 2020, 10:59
This is one of the reasons why I did not back it. Another is that I can't see significant differences to the original to warrent backing this (I even prefer the less cartoony old graphics).

There is a bunch of close followers on the KS for this game that seem eager for the $100k stretch goal for an android version of Geneforge 1, which to me seem excessive and nothing more than exploiting the fan base.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
+1:

February 25th, 2020, 16:19
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
That the game will cost less to buy it at full retail on GoG than to get the same digital copy from the Kickstarter.
That's fair, but I don't think people support KS games for the discount. If they do, they're making a big mistake IMO.
--
contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal+DLC | Stygian | Realms Beyond
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Encased | ATOM RPG+DLC | Urtuk | Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness

screeg

floating head
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

February 26th, 2020, 16:56
Dude, I'd *love* an Android version of Geneforge 1! I still play Escape From the Pit on Android even though it's no longer supported. Jeff's games translate very well to large tablets and are a blast to play while laying in bed with some nice music playing.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

March 4th, 2020, 17:51
I don't think I've every played a game while lying down. I typically use my bed only for sleeping and try to play vertical as much as possible. I have a desk that alternates between standing and sitting just so I can keep my musculature from totally decaying.

I loved Geneforge 1, but found the rest of the series too similar to the first game to keep my interest. That's almost always the case since Exile 3. I loved Ex1 and 2, but the rest were repeats of too much content.

Since Gen 1 is playable on Win10, I'm not sure why I need a 5% incremental difference game.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

March 4th, 2020, 23:54
When Jeff starts using the Unity, or Unreal engines (or similar), I'll consider buying a remastered version. I liked the original, but it would need something like the System Shock remake to get any cash out of me!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Geneforge 1 - Mutagen - Funded