Last game(s) you bought - Page 41 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Last game(s) you bought

Default Last game(s) you bought

March 11th, 2020, 22:56
Not a complete game but an expansion - Rimworld Royalty.
Waiting a bit though, bugs and mods needs to be fixed..
--
Latest creations: Fallout NV: A Wasteland in Bloom / Fallout NV: WFO v3.5

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)

March 16th, 2020, 15:32
I bought two little games due to a lack of anything to play:

Stoneshard--Single-character rpg where you play either a male dwarf warrior, female knight, male ranger, or female sorceress. Not sure if race is really mentioned outside of the dwarf…

So, I'm playing the sorceress and going with pyromancy. The game is very difficult if you don't tactically use the environment to avoid getting surrounded. It is pretty basic and feels like a phone port so the key bindings are a little weird but can be edited.

The easiest class by far is the ranger as arrows have more range than any other attack and you can kill most enemies long before they reach you.

The game just has a small village where you buy supplies and then take contracts from the town elder. The tutorial character is your boss and he wants you to close out three contracts before he'll let you start working for him. I've only done two contracts so far, so that's my early impressions.

There are a couple dozen paths and you can read treaties to learn new paths. My sorcerer could learn swords or axes, but of course is better off learning spell-based stuff. I'm not sure if there are enough levels/points to truly multi-class. Probably not.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
Last edited by crpgnut; March 17th, 2020 at 22:40.

crpgnut

Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

March 16th, 2020, 15:39
The 2nd game is called Vam'pire something. It is another simple little game where you are a recruit for the town militia and you end up contracting vampirism during an early mission where your home town gets wiped out. It was a little "too" simple and I don't know if I'll go back to it or not.

I'm playing the game above this post instead; at least at the moment. I also have MM6-8 all started with a few hours in each. MM6 KDCS party and have finished New Sorpigal. MM7 TDCS just reached Harmondale. MM8 Custom 5 character party w/Dark Elf, Necro, Knight, Cleric, Dragon. I use the editor to allow creating all level 1 characters. I don't use the dragon to attack. He is there to fly us around and use miscellaneous skills. Dragons are too OP in MM8. I've cleared the whole game with a single dragon main and it was trivially easy. This party has just been created and I've looted the barrels. I'll likely use the editor to give me enough money to outfit everyone. 200 gold isn't enough to outfit 5 characters instead of just one
--
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

March 24th, 2020, 20:35
That was virtual reality edition of Skyrim. Honestly I didn't play virtual or augmented reality games before but augmented reality development company provided such an amazing Skyrim vr version that I decided to buy that game. Still playing, since January.
Last edited by mariopepper; April 2nd, 2020 at 21:13.

mariopepper

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 26th, 2020, 00:51
Doom 64

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

March 26th, 2020, 01:37
Doom Eternal. I still haven't got around to playing Doom from 2016, and since my playtime is absorbed by two RPGs, I doubt I'll get to them for awhile unless I end up going on quarantine or something.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to azraelck

April 4th, 2020, 10:51
Wasteland Remastered

I grabbed it now because it's on sale, but I probaly won't play it until a few months down the line. They're still tweaking it, and I've got other games lined up for the immediate future. I might even wait until after WL3 is released so I can do WL-WL2-WL3 back to back.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 4th, 2020, 11:58
Walking Dead - Final Season. I had no idea the Epic Games Store exclusivity expired and it was brought to Steam. Anyways, I got it.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

April 11th, 2020, 20:21
I picked up Resident Evil 3 Remake and Final Fantasy 7 Remake on their launch days. Haven't touched RE3 yet; put about 2 hours into FF7. Still working on other stuff, so I'm probably going to put off actually playing them until later.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

Send a message via AIM to azraelck

April 12th, 2020, 10:53
Warhammer: Vermintide 2

I had an 80% off coupon for it in my Steam inventory so I figured why not? I had a few hours of fun with the original Vermintide and this one looks better. I'll drop some impressions when I get around to playing it.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 12th, 2020, 21:49
ESO for the 3rd time. $14.99 for the base game + Morrowind, Sumerset, and Elsweyer was too much of a good thing to resist. I plan on just creating one new character for each land and when I'm done, I'm done!
--
If you have no other choice but to kill, you have failed.
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Sentinel
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

April 12th, 2020, 22:11
Picked up SimCity2000 & Dungeon Keeper 2 on GOG sale, just for the sake of having them in my library. There's an open source DK2 in the making (OpenKeeper), will have to try it out.

kazga

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

April 13th, 2020, 18:00
I bought a bunch of games just trying to find something that grabbed my attention. The only game I actually kept is called Last Epoch and this is an action rpg similar to Diablo III or Path of Exile. It is in Early Access, so any review will be for the current build only.

I always play some type of mage and I'm playing one in this as well. Once I hit level 20, I can choose to be a Spell Sword or Sorcerer. There will be a 3rd choice on release. It's kept me playing for 15 hours or so, but is a little high-priced on Steam. If you look around you can probably find it cheaper, but I just wanted to keep it in my Steam library so bit the bullet.

It has a decent loot system and the crafting is both simple, quick and powerful. One fun thing is that you can break down items that may have modifiers you want but in the wrong type of weapon armor for your build. You'll destroy the item but keep the shard and can slot it in something else.

I almost never bother with end game content, but the main campaign seems okay if a little threadbare at this point. Still there are tons of hours of map clearing and loot acquisition to be had already and the build trees are already pretty fun to mess with.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/899770/Last_Epoch/
--
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

May 10th, 2020, 18:35
I think it was Detroit Become Human.

GlimpseDart

Mentioned: Post(s)

May 11th, 2020, 03:43
Cloudpunk - unfortunately too much twitch needed to fly properly.

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

May 12th, 2020, 04:40
Pathfinder: Kingmaker. I am glad I had experience playing D&D 3.5 in the day because there are some serious numbers crunching below the surface. Its fun and challenging but the designers assumed way too much of their audience that they would understand how to build their PC, etc. I like the fact it doesn't take you by the hand in the least but the designers needed greater information to help new comers.

Rills

Sentinel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 12th, 2020, 07:10
Dark Souls 2 SotFS. After trying to get into the series for 9 long years, I think I finally got it. Been playing it non-stop since last week.

yemeth

Watchdog

May 21st, 2020, 19:20
I got two games recently, Mafia 1 Definitive Edition and Observation.

I hope I've not shot myself in the foot with Mafia 1. Worst case I can refund it, if it's a buggy mess or anything.

Observation is a space game that's been an Epic Game Store exclusive for some time, and was just released on Steam and GOG. I've heard plenty of praise for it that I decided to get it. This and Outer Wilds is what I've been constantly hearing about.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2020, 20:01
I just pre-purchased The Outer Worlds for Nintendo Switch, which netted me a discount and will pre-load and be ready to play (supposedly). I had fun with the PC version, and look forward to playing this - I expect somewhat diminished graphics like Witcher 3, but feel the gameplay will translate pretty well. We’ll see
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

May 27th, 2020, 08:07
Civ VI frontiers pass
Already enjoying the new leaders, lots of little changes (meteorite storms!!!)

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Last game(s) you bought