Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - Bloodtrail got a patch:

Wolcen Bloodstorm: Patch 1.1.1.1

Bloodtrails first Content Patch

Community Translation: Russian Version

Hello everyone,

welcome to Bloodstorm! Bloodstorm is the first content Update for Chronicle1: Bloodtrail. It contains some of the upcoming improvements mentioned in our latest news, and more.

Loot Filter, Crafting and Summons improvements still need more work, as we want to make sure everything is ready when it will be released.

Without further waiting, here are the Patch Notes. Thank you for your support!

Additions and improvements

[...]
Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

Wolcen is a sad game. It is not bad, but their original vision and even some of the early builds with an open world were far superior. Like Diablo 3 before it the more they developed it the worse it got.

That's what happens with a small budget and no vision. Just proves the old fashioned way of a developer/publisher is still the best way to develop game. Money & oversight.

Another one of those that seems mired in early access/never to be truly released or finished. This one stands out again as one of those few that I learned a valuable lesson on about being wary of backing kick started projects. I hope one day to actually be able to play this, should it ever be truly completed.

The devs are somehow trying to fix and/or improve the game, at least. According to Steam, 61% of the 319 user reviews in the last 30 days are positive.

Sadly I think the damage has been done, players leaving now to pastures new.

What does it matter who's playing it now? I usually buy games 3 years after release and don't get around to playing them until 5-10 years after release. By then the game is in as good as shape as it can be.

Philistine, you and I have much in common with how we currently play games. I used to be a day one player some years ago but man, the frustration factor with that was just too high to sustain. Turns out this might be the perfect match for Wolcen. =)

What does it matter who's playing it now? I usually buy games 3 years after release and don't get around to playing them until 5-10 years after release. By then the game is in as good as shape as it can be.

It matters to a smallish developer to keep the funds rolling in so they can keep updating it. 3 years after release is just gravy at the moment, they need new players to maintain the interest. Who's going to buy a game that needs more development if the developers are long gone?

I get wanting to wait until a game is fully patched and the DLC is available, but I think there's big difference between playing a game when it's "ready" and waiting so long that it's dated by the time you play it.

I get wanting to wait until a game is fully patched and the DLC is available, but I think there's big difference between playing a game when it's "ready" and waiting so long that it's dated by the time you play it.

Well, if you do it with all games and are consistently lagging behind current releases, that doesn't seem to be a problem, or at least not that big of a problem.

It matters to a smallish developer to keep the funds rolling in so they can keep updating it. 3 years after release is just gravy at the moment, they need new players to maintain the interest. Who's going to buy a game that needs more development if the developers are long gone?
Agree 100% stats show most games make their money on the first week of release. Yes some games continue to sell for years, but they are the minority always were.

Yet a small indie developer like this cant just count on older sales to stay open.

Back
Top Bottom