SaGa Frontier Remastered - Released

Played these back in the PSOne days. So anything new added or just ports?

...and a new main character!? What was wrong with the old one?

...and a new main character!? What was wrong with the old one?

They mean an additional one. There's no main character in this game. There are 7 protagonists with their own story arcs to play through. They added an 8th.

Played these back in the PSOne days. So anything new added or just ports?

Fyi, according to the original creators, the game is now considered "complete" (the original was notorious for being unfinished). Certain characters' story were expanded, and the new, final character nicely ties up all stories.

There are also several tweaks in the character progression (mech and beasts are actually usable this time), and of course the user interface / graphics are modernized.

Finally, there is a double-speed mode, which is a godsend.

Any thoughts on this?

Any thoughts on this?

I've only played part of one story arc so far (going to shelve it until I finish something else), but I can at least say that it's not a lazy remaster like some of Square's past re-releases.

I'm not sure what technique they used, but both the characters and backgrounds look really good. In other words, they didn't just take the original game and upscale everything.

As far as the game itself, I suppose that's more subjective. I wasn't blown away by what I've seen, but I haven't played enough to give an honest opinion.

Back
Top Bottom