Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.1c

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Owlcat has released a patch for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous with a lot of fixes, including the arcanist class, the turn-based mode, issues in the crusade system, ...

PF:WotR: patch 1.0.1c

This patch is for the Windows version, Mac version is coming soon!
Beware of possible spoilers below!

Quests

• Spoiler: fixed the logics in the first dialogue with the Herald of Iomedae while following the Angel Mythic Path
  • Spoiler: a battle in Greybor's quest in chapter 5 didn't start - fixed
  • Dry Crossroads - couldn't exit the area - fixed
  • Couldn't speak about the shield during Sosiel's quest if you refused to recruit Regill - fixed
  • Battered Spirit could be interrupted by a dialogue between Sosiel and Regill - fixed
Areas

• Weather effects slowed down, when they shouldn't have - fixed.
  • Fixed the lighting in Pulura's Fall and Heart of Mystery.
  • The Next-Door Theater's location in Drezen has been fixed.
  • Sosiel could be seen painting without an easel - fixed. Now he has his easel again
  • Shrine of the Three couldn't be completed - fixed
Crusade

• Some of the Generals' starting abilities didn't work - fixed.
  • Mass Hold Person didn't work in tactical combat - fixed
  • Song of Seasons didn't work correctly - fixed
  • Fixed building models in garrisons
  • Mouse cursor in tactical battles was changing incorrectly - fixed
  • Penetrating Strike didn't work - fixed
  • Fixed a formula in the rituals for the Generals
  • AoE targeting in the tactical battles has been fixed
  • Fixed a loop when a tactical battle started
  • Pillaged resources weren't displayed after battle - fixed
Classes & Mechanics

• Detect Magic ability was available, though didn't do anything. Now it's no longer available.
  • Arcane Trickster prestige-class was impossible to pick even with all prerequisites met - fixed
  • Persistent metamagic could not be applied to any spells - fixed
  • Swarms dealt damage each time they touched a unit instead of once per round - fixed
  • Some of Mythic Angel's summons had zero charges - fixed
  • Arcanist's Arcane Reservoir could sometimes stop replenishing after rest - fixed
Turn-based mode

• After moving while mounted and attacking, it was possible to continue to move - fixed.
[...]
More information.

They are putting out new little patches fairly quick now.

I have currently played for 23 hours and the only bug I've come across this far was a brief period when "Lann" became invisible only to reappear a few minutes later.

Mine was Ramien becaming permanently invisible (or misplaced), so there's one quest I couldn't achieve. It wasn't a very important one fortunately.

I saw a few other minor bugs, nothing critical so far.

Purpleblob passed me this summary, she's helping a lot on Discord at the moment so she hears a fair deal about the current issues:
TB is very broken, pets are broken, mounted combat is broken, auto-crusade is broken to not allow you to progress in your mythic quest, from chapter 3 one of the army objective bugs out and drains your morale to -100 eventually, some late mythic paths are broken (from chap5).
=> Bugs, especially the later chapters. If you are racing ahead, maybe you should slow down a bit, prologue to chap2 are quite bug-free.
Army combat - either locks you out of mythic (I heard lich gets locked out) when you use auto crusade & bug that gives you practically a game over due to morale drain.
Maybe some of those are fixed in the patch. Not auto-crusade though, and since it's an irreversible option, don't switch it on at the moment!

When she says "broken", it doesn't mean completely broken, but there are serious issues you may encounter.

Mine was Ramien becaming permanently invisible (or misplaced), so there's one quest I couldn't achieve. It wasn't a very important one fortunately.

Purpleblob passed me this summary, she's helping a lot on Discord at the moment so she hears a fair deal about the current issues:

Maybe some of those are fixed in the patch. Not auto-crusade though, and since it's an irreversible option, don't switch it on at the moment!

When she says "broken", it doesn't mean completely broken, but there are serious issues you may encounter.

But are those bugs fixed with this new patch?

Well, it seems that waiting to play this game a bit was a good decision after all.

I'm curious what is very broken with turn based....that's all I've played and it seems pretty good...

One thing in TB which annoys me is that sometimes I'll click on a spell and the spell description comes up in the middle of the screen, but after casting it, the description still stays there for awhile blocking out everything!!

But are those bugs fixed with this new patch?

Well, it seems that waiting to play this game a bit was a good decision after all.

Because I haven't personally encountered any bugs I mentioned to Redglyph, I'm not sure if any of them are fixed now.

When I say TB, pets, mounted combat are broken, I don't mean game breaking issues, but it sounded like there are a lot of minor issues which could ruin player experience.

Because I play in RTwP, without pets and mounts, my experience so far has been great.

I'd advise you to not choose auto crusade option because apprently you miss out on some content (intended, not bug) and you can't unlock lich mythic due to a bug.

I think the most concerning one is crusade objective not flagging properly in chapter 3 as this is quite game breaking (very disappointed this isn't listed in the patch note). Basically 1 of your 3 objective is flagged red (when it should be green) which drains 3 army morales each day which means within few days you will reach negative morale (which ranges from -100 to 20) which impacts your income + your army effectiveness in combat.

I will wait for that issue to be patched out once I finish chapter 2.

One thing in TB which annoys me is that sometimes I'll click on a spell and the spell description comes up in the middle of the screen, but after casting it, the description still stays there for awhile blocking out everything!!

That's a memory cache issue and it happens in RTwP as well, not just TB.

So this is the third or fourth patch since release? Anyway I've had a few minor bugs. The most hilarious bug is when my character vanishes and somehow goes underground.

Reminds me of the noclip cheat in Skyrim.:cool:

The tooltips showed on hovering items are a bit too invasive, there have been several suggestions to improve that. It could take a while before they tackle that (if they do), perhaps a way to deal with those is to delay the tooltips to the maximum (0.5 s) and use the right-click to see them when necessary.

So this is the third or forth patch since release? Anyway I've had a few minor bugs. The most hilarious bug is when my character vanishes and somehow goes underground.
This one has been around for a while :) In the maze?

So this is the third or forth patch since release? Anyway I've had a few minor bugs. The most hilarious bug is when my character vanishes and somehow goes underground.

I thought this was the 2nd patch, but I could be wrong. Either way, this release still seems like a huge improvement compared to Kingmaker.

This one has been around for a while :) In the maze?
Yep the maze but if fixes itself when you move further in.

Probably a programing or script error. Had many like this with NWN mods.

Yep the maze but if fixes itself when you move further in.

Probably a programing or script error. Had many like this with NWN mods.

Devs called it "Navmesh" issue - characters falling through the floor etc. There were several of those during beta3 so I'm glad that I've only experienced 1 so far (the same one you mentioned).

I think that's it, there was the 1.0.0s and now the 1.0.1c (the 1.0.0u was for Mac only).

Yes, Mac users are having far more issues than others - non Mac users have received 1 patch only so far.

Yes, Mac users are having far more issues than others - non Mac users have received 1 patch only so far.
Yep but I had two patches for the Non Mac PC version on GOG already. One was just a small hot-fix that brought the game to version 1.0.0s. Now this patch today 1.0.1c.

Thanks, that's good to know. Fortunatly, I'm playing with the "Slow & Steady" approach to gaming, exploring every nook & cranny, talking with every character, doing every quest no matter how small, spending lots of time with level up decisions etc. etc.

So, I'm still only moving around clearing out the town-square (where you started the game), hopefully the more vital of these bugs (Crusade) will be fixed by the time I advance much further in the game.

I encountered glitches and bugs especially during combat. Also had several crashes during quickloading and accessing inventory. So far nothing that couldnt be solved by reloading or restarting of game and nothing that would not allow to continue or finish some quest. But I have feeling I noted more problems then when playing Kingmaker first time (about 2 weeks after it was released). But I think my experience with Kingmaker was super smooth compared to some other people as I noted in discussions. Maybe I was lucky, maybe I didnt pay too much attention to it.

It has been super smooth for me so far other than a few stutters on rare cases in the market area when a lot of effects are going off. No crashes at any point though. No big bugs (actually none but I haven't taken Drezen yet which I guess seems to be where they start). Playing RtwP on a PC with a standard system set-up.

Kingmaker was pretty much the same - never had all the bugs so many other folk seemed to get.

I'm curious what is very broken with turn based….that's all I've played and it seems pretty good…
Same here. I play any major/difficult battle in turn based and I enjoy it. I really like mixing the two systems depending on what opposition I face. It's a like pinnacle of any party based RPG I've played.

The only significant thing I've noticed is when a player chooses a standard action and it doesn't play because the character ran out of move points to get in range. Turn ends and (if limited) a slot is consumed. I bet that's what players consider "very broken". However, I consider that player's fault for not planning it correctly, and in the next turn, the character can (possibly) finish the action by simply clicking on the target.

Bar some minor glitches here and there, what really troubles me is occasional crashing during loading. At this point, I'm stuck haven't been able to pass the loading screen to start Chapter Three…

I encountered a serious bug with a sorcerer MC, will retrain to wizard until they fix it. Everything else looks good.

Back
Top Bottom