Generation XTH - Wizardry spiritual sequel fan-translation

felipepepe

Codex Refugee
Well met, I come here as part of the Glorious Codexia/rpg watch cultural exchange, motivated by HiddenX to share the secrets of the warp with you guys.

NJZh1Bm.jpg

Generation XTH is a spiritual sucessor to Wizardry made by japanese bros Team Muramasa, released in 2008.

Those here able to enjoy/overlook the anime visuals and high school ambience will find a extremely solid Wizardry clone, complete with 6-people party, 9 classes, classic turn-based combat with rows and all that, high dificulty and insane dungeons full of hidden doors, traps, rotating floors, warp zones and even areas only reachable through floating or teleporting.

ffaROXY.jpg

AhEmo7T.jpg

PmGpSN5.jpg

iy5KKxB.jpg

Until now it was only available in japanese, but it was recently choosen for fan-translation and ATM is 99.9% translated and being beta tested.

You can try the demo here: http://kudomuramasa.foramu.net/t4-releases-latest-english-demo-10

And you can register here to voluteer to beta test the full game,

Really cool - thank you felipepepe!

You're describing an awesome game but every time I look at those character portraits, my enthusiasm wanes =/

You're describing an awesome game but every time I look at those character portraits, my enthusiasm wanes =/
You can use custom portraits, if that helps. ;)

This does seem pretty cool - thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for letting us know about this. It might be worth a look once totally translated. I'm not an anime fan, but I love Wizardry.

Having had to go to the Playstation 2 to get my fix on turn-based/party-based RPGs when they disappeared from PCs many years ago, I don't have a problem with anime portraits (hell, I'm even used to having 15 year old characters being the 'chosen one'). So I'll be in the lookout for this one once it's fully translated.

Assuming it plays like old school Wizardy, I'd buy this in a flat second. I would, however, have to do something about those terribly lame looking characters, lol.
I don't want monsters laughing at us!!!

-Carn

I like using the caharcters because they display the equipment, and I find that cool, but using the classes portraits is also and opton, and they very good:

KaJhj5u.jpg

When can I buy this ?
That's a hard question… the full game is only availabe in japan, and is quite rare… there are no copies on eBay, the only legal way would be importing the series boxset from amazon.jp

The full translation patch for the game should be released in the next 1-2 weeks, I believe...

ヒデンーエキスはばかのがいじんです。

So basically, when the game is translated to English, there will be no way to play it?

So basically, when the game is translated to English, there will be no way to play it?
Let's say it will require some effort to do it, unless you decide to follow the easier path...

Ah ok, so basically the only way to get it is to illegally download it. I'm surprised, you'd think that a game that is only 5 years old would more easily available to purchase. Was it not all that popular in Japan?

Let's say it will require some effort to do it, unless you decide to follow the easier path…

Well, I like the look of the game but not enough to become a thief to play it. I'll stick with my legal purchases, if I ever see a fair way to obtain this, I'll consider it then.

-Carn

Ah ok, so basically the only way to get it is to illegally download it. I'm surprised, you'd think that a game that is only 5 years old would more easily available to purchase. Was it not all that popular in Japan?
It is decently popular in Japan, enough to spawn 3 sequels and a boxset with them after, but japanese developers are known for being extremely autistic in regards to foreign markets.

The guy doing the translation contacted the developers and offered them the translation, so they could release on the west, maybe on Steam Greenlight or whatever, they simply said they have no interest in the western market. :(

I can see their point though; hardcore, turn-based dungeon crawlers are already an extremely niche group; and from my experience that niche is quite against anime graphics and all things 日本, so you're left with a game that appeals to a extremely reduced audience...

Back
Top Bottom