Witcher 3 Easter Eggs

The Witcher 3

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Found any so far? I've found one that was pretty funny. The devs are apparently fans of Quentin Tarantino. :)

2 guards randomly talking in the baron's castle at Crow's Perch in Velen.

Guard 1: "Let's go get the gimp"
Guard 2: "I think he's sleeping"
Guard 1: "Then I guess we better wake him up"

Eh…. Which film?

pibbur who is embarrassed. Very embarrassed.

EDIT: Found it. Obviously too long since I watched the movie.

Found any so far? I've found one that was pretty funny. The devs are apparently fans of Quentin Tarantino. :)

2 guards randomly talking in the baron's castle at Crow's Perch in Velen.

Guard 1: "Let's go get the gimp"
Guard 2: "I think he's sleeping"
Guard 1: "Then I guess we better wake him up"

I was back in that area last night right were you are talking about as I thought it was odd and looked around for a hidden door I might have missed before.

Book titled "Last Wish" in the Imperial Castle authored by Dandylion with his (very subjective) take on the story :)

A smith in a village in Velen just told me about a legendary master weapons smith in Novigrad named Hattori. It's a reference to the sword maker Hattori Hanzō in Kill Bill.

I've come across loads of easter eggs, though I don't remember most of them (I should've written them down). I do remember a few though:
- Hansel and Gretel is mentioned many times.
- The top fist fighting champion of Novigrad is called.. Durden the Tailor, clearly a reference to Tyler Durden.
- There's a Gwent card of an archer with the quote "I always aim for the knee", probably a reference to Skyrim (the famous "took an arrow to the knee").
- There are several Bioware references, such as swords called Morag and similar.

I seem to hear prostitutes go something along the lines of "I'm a material girl, in a material world". Madonna song reference.

Is it me or are all these easter egg references becoming a bit too distracting. I mean, I can handle a few, but there seem to be very many. Going overboard with them just takes me out of the game world.

I seem to hear prostitutes go something along the lines of "I'm a material girl, in a material world". Madonna song reference.
Yep, I've heard that as well. Definitely a Madonna reference.
Is it me or are all these easter egg references becoming a bit too distracting. I mean, I can handle a few, but there seem to be very many. Going overboard with them just takes me out of the game world.
I agree. It's fun here and there, but when they're popping up every other quest it's a bit much.

There were a crapload of Lord of the Rings references in TW2. To the point where they did kinda became distracting.

Any of those in TW3?

Distracting? You must be crazy.

Anyone found Gottfried’s Omni-opening Grimore? You did? Why didn't you read it?
No it's not Cleve's Grimoire eegg.
The full text:
The Defensive Regulatory Magicon (or DRM for short) belongs to the above-mentioned group of the longest-lasting, most effective and hardest to break defensive mechanisms. In order to recognize the individual administering it, it makes use of a portal mounted at the entrance of the area it is to defend. This portal passes streams of magical energy through the body of the person entering and can, in the blink of an eye, determine if this person has the corporeal signature (eyeball structure included) of the entitled administrator. As a result, the only unauthorized individuals that can possibly hope to enter are mimics.

DRM thus makes for an extremely effective and near-unbreakable security measure - but you are in luck, for you hold in your hands the key to bypassing it, namely the present tome, Gottfried’s Omni-opening Grimore, or GOG for short. In the pages to follow you will find innumerable methods for deactivating DRM, or, even better, bypassing it altogether (…)

The Witcher novels are full of stuff like that. Something is either a perverted popular tales or a pop-culture references. Geralt even got the moniker The Butcher of Blaviken for killing "Snow White" and her seven dwarves gnomes (she wasn't a nice person).

Another one: Djenge Frett, the best bounty hunter in the world. I assume it's a reference to Jango Fett, one of the best bounty hunters in the galaxy (Star Wars).

I could do without these references, but at least I haven't personally encountered too many of them.

It was that kind of thing that ultimately ruined my interest in WoW lore.

I just found a pair of silver pantaloons. I wonder if there are gold and bronze as well. :)

It could just be a coincidence, but I'd like to think it's a nod to Baldur's Gate.

Probably. There are quite a few references to BioWare items and characters.

A smith in a village in Velen just told me about a legendary master weapons smith in Novigrad named Hattori. It's a reference to the sword maker Hattori Hanzō in Kill Bill.

I haven't seen Kill Bill, but Hattori Hanzō was actually a famous samurai in Japanese history.

In Novigrod I heard a poor beggar complaining of his livelihood being taken away when someone cured his leprosy.

This is from Monty Python's Life of Brian.

Not an Easter Egg as such but the song Johnny sings to calm Gran is a very well known Polish lullaby. English translation isn't great and it took me a while to recognise it for what it was. In my next playthrough I will be using Polish dialogues.

Back
Top Bottom