The Callisto Protocol - Sci-fi horror from the creators of Dead Space.

Yeah, it was announced during the Game Awards, and I forgot all about it afterwards. Looks promising.

One weird thing is that apparently it's set in the PUBG setting, much in the future. After some digging it appears the team working on this is under the PUBG corporation. That's a bit weird. I hope there's nothing recognizable about PUBG in it.

Good catch it's SP at least, but what the hell is PUBG?

My search engine just recommends a game.

Good catch it's SP at least, but what the hell is PUBG?

My search engine just recommends a game.

Yeah, that's it. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.

https://www.pcgamer.com/survival-ho...-is-set-in-the-pubg-universe-for-some-reason/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Schofield

In June 2019, Schofield announced that he was joining PUBG Corporation as the CEO of a new development team called Striking Distance Studios. Under Schofield, the studio will be developing a game with a narrative experience set in the PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds's universe.[12][13] The game, The Callisto Protocol, was revealed at The Game Awards 2020 and planned for release in 2022.[14]

From what I can gather, the connection tp PUBG is going to be vague at best. This looks like a serious horror title, so I don't think we'll see any of the silliness that PUBG is known for.

From what I can gather, the connection tp PUBG is going to be vague at best. This looks like a serious horror title, so I don't think we'll see any of the silliness that PUBG is known for.

That's what I hope. But then why even place it in the PUBG universe, unless you somehow mean to use that. I hope they don't believe that people that usually play PUBG will try a horror game just because it's in the same universe. What even is the PUBG universe? From the light touches I've had with it I've not seen anything that you could say is iconic for PUBG. We'll see.

That's what I hope. But then why even place it in the PUBG universe, unless you somehow mean to use that. I hope they don't believe that people that usually play PUBG will try a horror game just because it's in the same universe. What even is the PUBG universe? From the light touches I've had with it I've not seen anything that you could say is iconic for PUBG. We'll see.

Not sure, but the project lead was one of the co-creators of Dead Space, so he knows how to do quality horror. Maybe the PUBG connection is being forced by the publisher.

Not sure, but the project lead was one of the co-creators of Dead Space, so he knows how to do quality horror. Maybe the PUBG connection is being forced by the publisher.

That's what it feels like. That the publisher has some plans. But of all universes to choose to expand, PUBG seems like one of the most generic and poorly scraped together.

That's what it feels like. That the publisher has some plans. But of all universes to choose to expand, PUBG seems like one of the most generic and poorly scraped together.

Yeah, I've never played PUBG, and have no desire to do so, but what I've seen of it looked pretty goofy.

It's a battle royale though, so I don't think worldbuilding was a priority. :)

I'll be all over this so long as it's not an online game, and I can fully play it just on my own. Dead Space was awesome!! But no online requirements, por favor!

I've often thought that someone should do a "spiritual successor" to Dead Space. It may not have made quite enough megabucks for EA, but it was a very well-liked franchise, with sales that would be great for most studios.

Hopefully the PUBG connection will be inconsequential. I could do without seeing, "Winner winner, chicken dinner!" when I'm kerb-stomping necromorphs.

I think you missed the last ) in both those links, @Alrik Fassbauer;.

(Callisto has nothing to do with pirates and Davy Jones?? Did Disney lie to me!? ;)

First gameplay footage.

I like what I'm seeing here.

It also has an official release date now - 12-02-22

The Callisto Protocol - Official Gameplay Demo

Game Director Glenn Schofield showcases the first continuous gameplay of The Callisto Protocol, the sci-fi horror game from former Dead Space devs at Striking Distance Studios.

The Callisto Protocol - Official Extended Gameplay Trailer (Director's Cut)

The team at Striking Distance offers an extended version of its gameplay reveal trailer for The Callisto Protocol, with new clips of monsters, locations, and more.

Back
Top Bottom